ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   OT-Trip to National Aquarium in Baltimore (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12142)

All4meUC February 2nd 04 02:19 PM

OT-Trip to National Aquarium in Baltimore

Good morning! Just thought I would share a story about my 5 month son's first
real trip! We went to the National Aquarium and Baltimore, Maryland yesterday.
The drive there was peaceful, as he slept the entire 2 1/2 hour trip. He was
well rested and ready for adventure :) I was amazed at how focused he was on
the fish in the aquariums, especially the big ones like sharks. We even watched
the Dolphin show. By mid day DS was getting tired and I thought "Oh no, he'll
never be able to settle to sleep with all these people around" but within
minutes of the first signs of tiredness, he had konked out in my arms. (The
aquarium doesn't allow strollers so I was carrying 21lbs. of baby the whole
day)

To relate this to the list a little, I will say that DS hardly nursed at all
the entire day. Once for only a few minutes when we arrived, less than one oz.
of ebm from a bottle at lunch time, and again he nursed for about 5 mins before
we headed home. All this in a time span of 6 hours. The ride home was horrible
for the first hour...DS was so overstimulated and he couldn't settle himself in
the carseat to get to sleep. Finally after quite a bit of crying (with me
sitting right beside him in the backseat,someone else driving) he went to
sleep. He nursed for a good long time when we got home, I guess he was saving
his meal for when he got back to familiar scenery.
~Tracy

Leslie February 2nd 04 04:28 PM

OT-Trip to National Aquarium in Baltimore

It's good to realize that it's not so hard to take baby places, isn't it?

This brings back memories of taking our first child to the Aquarium when she
was six months old! I didn't have a sling in those days, but Emily only
weighed about 13 lbs. then so carrying her was not a problem. I was paranoid
about NIP back then--I was walking wround nursing her with a blanket over her
and me and I was so self-conscious! We did all enjoy the aquarium, though, and
we usually visit every couple of years or so when we are in Baltimore.

Leslie