ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   two headed baby (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1722)

St. Matthew February 6th 04 04:59 PM

two headed baby

What if the same thing happened to you? If it were me, God forbid,
there'd be no cameras in the nursery, that's for sure. It's not a
freak show. :(

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2500458

Jenn February 6th 04 06:06 PM

two headed baby

In article ,
(St. Matthew) wrote:

What if the same thing happened to you? If it were me, God forbid,
there'd be no cameras in the nursery, that's for sure. It's not a
freak show. :(

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2500458

I have been horrified that this is all over the news -- exactly like a
freak show

what can parents be thinking of to expose their child to this --

Hillary Israeli February 6th 04 06:25 PM

two headed baby

In ,
St. Matthew wrote:

*What if the same thing happened to you? If it were me, God forbid,
*there'd be no cameras in the nursery, that's for sure. It's not a
*freak show.
*
*http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2500458

Well, if the same thing happened to me, I'd feel sad that my baby had to
go through surgery, but glad that it wasn't worse, I guess. That sure is a
disturbing image conjured up by the last line of the story. I'm sure I'd
still take pictures of my child, though!!

not-so-newly minted veterinarian-at-large :)

Hope Munro Smith February 6th 04 06:35 PM

two headed baby

Jenn wrote in news:jenn-9DC543.12061906022004
@news.vanderbilt.edu:

In article ,
(St. Matthew) wrote:

What if the same thing happened to you? If it were me, God forbid,
there'd be no cameras in the nursery, that's for sure. It's not a
freak show. :(

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2500458

I have been horrified that this is all over the news -- exactly like a
freak show

what can parents be thinking of to expose their child to this --

The parents got medical treatment for their child, and it looks like the
publicity just sort of happened.

Hope Munro Smith February 6th 04 06:40 PM

two headed baby

(St. Matthew) wrote in
om:

What if the same thing happened to you? If it were me, God forbid,
there'd be no cameras in the nursery, that's for sure. It's not a
freak show. :(

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2500458

Here's a link with a photo:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ion-usat_x.htm

Jenn February 6th 04 06:49 PM

two headed baby

(St. Matthew) wrote:

What if the same thing happened to you? If it were me, God forbid,
there'd be no cameras in the nursery, that's for sure. It's not a
freak show. :(

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2500458

I have been horrified that this is all over the news -- exactly like a
freak show

what can parents be thinking of to expose their child to this --

The parents got medical treatment for their child, and it looks like the
publicity just sort of happened.

pictures of a two headed baby can only be released by a hospital if the
parents agree to it --- it doesn't 'just sort of happen'

jojo February 6th 04 07:03 PM

two headed baby

pictures of a two headed baby can only be released by a hospital if the
parents agree to it --- it doesn't 'just sort of happen'

What pictures? It was a tough article, but I didn't see any pictures nor
full names....
what gives?

toypup February 6th 04 07:12 PM

two headed baby

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
In ,
St. Matthew wrote:

*What if the same thing happened to you? If it were me, God forbid,
*there'd be no cameras in the nursery, that's for sure. It's not a
*freak show.
*
*http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2500458

Well, if the same thing happened to me, I'd feel sad that my baby had to
go through surgery, but glad that it wasn't worse, I guess. That sure is a
disturbing image conjured up by the last line of the story. I'm sure I'd
still take pictures of my child, though!!

They say that they will use a bone from another part of her body to close
off her skull. I wonder why they don't use the skull from the head they're
taking off. It looks like it should have bone, at least from the photo.

I don't know what I'd really do in her parents' shoes. I do know I didn't
immediately feel a bond with DS when he was born. I hear that's normal. If
my child had two heads, it might freak me out too much and take me much
longer to develop a bond. The second head moving its mouth while I was
nursing would really bother me.

Hope Munro Smith February 6th 04 07:26 PM

two headed baby

"jojo" wrote in news:JxRUb.19718$Ku5.16759
@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

pictures of a two headed baby can only be released by a hospital if the
parents agree to it --- it doesn't 'just sort of happen'

What pictures? It was a tough article, but I didn't see any pictures nor
full names....
what gives?

USA's site has a photo:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ion-usat_x.htm

To me this is an issue of the medical profession publicizing a rare and
difficult medical procedure, to which the parents agreed since they are
getting the treatment for their child for free.

H Schinske February 6th 04 07:52 PM

two headed baby

wrote:

I have been horrified that this is all over the news -- exactly like a
freak show

what can parents be thinking of to expose their child to this --

How is it any different than any other operation to separate conjoined twins?
Those are *always* news.

--Helen