ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Music that helps me sleep while pregnant!! (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=65295)

purpledarts November 13th 08 04:53 AM

Music that helps me sleep while pregnant!!

I found out about 3 weeks ago that I am about 60 days pregnant. This will be my first child. Both my husband and I are thrilled! However I haven't been able to sleep at ALL since finding out as there is so much to think about - doctors, vitamins, decorating, childproofing, buying things the baby will need, how are we pay for this - what do I do about my job? Go back to work after the baby is born, if so, who will watch the baby... be at stay at home? Etc etc.. I used to take a sleeping pill or have a glass of wine to get to sleep but can't do that any longer. So, I set out on a journey to find some natural methods to de-stress so that I can rest and nurture a healthy baby.

A mother of 3 told me about a meditational chant CD that she swears by. I bought it online and tried it and I am now sleeping like a baby (no pun intended ha ha). ABSOLUTELY FELT THE NEED TO SHARE THIS WITH OTHER PREGNANT WOMEN!!!!

Here's what the website says about it (and its honestly so TRUE!).
"A collection of chants and mantras specially selected to help carry a healthy and absolutely vital pregnancy. By bringing the emotions under control through changes in the brainwave pattern, both in the morning and evening, expectant mothers are relived of stress, in turn creating a nurturing environment for the fetus"

You can check it out here http://www.kosmicmusic.com/do/produc...ftStatus=false , and if you register, then you get other free downloads too (they have a whole lot of destressing really cool mind/body/spirit stuff on their site).

Welches November 13th 08 12:12 PM

Music that helps me sleep while pregnant!!

"purpledarts" wrote in
message . ..

[...]

snip
All the responses I could think of choked the keyboard and caused the server
to self-distruct...
That is honestly so TRUE!
Debbie
Ps. sleeping like a baby means you're waking up every 4 hours or so to
feed...

Nan November 13th 08 06:00 PM

Music that helps me sleep while pregnant!!

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:12:22 -0000, "Welches"
wrote:

snip
All the responses I could think of choked the keyboard and caused the server
to self-distruct...
That is honestly so TRUE!
Debbie
Ps. sleeping like a baby means you're waking up every 4 hours or so to
feed...

Or in my case it was every 2 hours ;-)

Nan

jackie0109 November 22nd 08 08:49 AM

I listen to mostly jazz songs in able for me to get sleep when I'm pregnant to Kimi.