ParentingBanter.com

-   General (moderated) (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   narrow shoes (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=28716)

Karen G March 21st 05 11:42 PM

narrow shoes

Have any of you tracked down narrow shoes for kids recently? My
preschooler is almost 5 and wears a 11 1/2 N shoe. I have been able to
get a few styles from Ked's and Nordstrom's carries a few styles. All
of them cost a small fortune though. Any suggestions?

For the record, the Narrow shoes that I have found are still a little
wide, so wearing medium width shoes really aren't an option for this one.

Karen G

Rosalie B. March 22nd 05 02:52 AM

Karen G wrote:

Have any of you tracked down narrow shoes for kids recently? My
preschooler is almost 5 and wears a 11 1/2 N shoe. I have been able to
get a few styles from Ked's and Nordstrom's carries a few styles. All
of them cost a small fortune though. Any suggestions?

For the record, the Narrow shoes that I have found are still a little
wide, so wearing medium width shoes really aren't an option for this one.

If this is a boy you might be able to get girls shoes narrower. At
least I can wear a man's medium (which is a D) and cannot wear a
woman's medium (which is a B).

grandma Rosalie

Anon E. Mouse March 22nd 05 04:27 PM

In article karengmann-5C1831.14002221032005@newssvr21-
ext.news.prodigy.com, says...
Have any of you tracked down narrow shoes for kids recently? My
preschooler is almost 5 and wears a 11 1/2 N shoe. I have been able to
get a few styles from Ked's and Nordstrom's carries a few styles. All
of them cost a small fortune though. Any suggestions?

For the record, the Narrow shoes that I have found are still a little
wide, so wearing medium width shoes really aren't an option for this one.

Karen G

Instead of looking for narrower shoes, you might want to check into
orthopedic socks. I think that's what they're called, anyway. They're
basically special socks for people with feet problems and/or difficulty
fitting shoes. A store that specializes in orthopedic footware will
have them on hand. They basically have extra padding here or there. In
the case of needing pairs for narrow feet, I imagine there would be
extra padding on the sides and perhaps bottoms.

I hope this proves to be of some help to you.

AEM

dragonlady March 22nd 05 05:02 PM

In article
,
Karen G wrote:

Have any of you tracked down narrow shoes for kids recently? My
preschooler is almost 5 and wears a 11 1/2 N shoe. I have been able to
get a few styles from Ked's and Nordstrom's carries a few styles. All
of them cost a small fortune though. Any suggestions?

For the record, the Narrow shoes that I have found are still a little
wide, so wearing medium width shoes really aren't an option for this one.

Karen G

You may be stuck with more expensive shoes. I have the opposite
problem, and have an extremely wide foot. I always have to go to the
expensive places like Nordstrom's (or stores that specialize in wide
feet) to get shoes, and can never spend less than $80 to $100 on a pair
of shoes that fits.

Not the answer you wanted....especially with children whose feet are
changing so fast! Mom used to leave me barefoot a LOT to cut down on
how often she had to replace my shoes. Even now, I have only two pair
of shoes.