ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The debate continues (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=44235)

CY August 18th 06 12:54 AM

The debate continues

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

Fer August 18th 06 02:49 AM

The debate continues

Wow around and around we go.....
It still amazes me that even women see breasts everyday (magazines, tv,
movies NTM all the skimpy tops women wear in public) and they of all ppl can
say that seeing a breast feed baby is 'gross'. shakes her head

On the other front I was SO pleased to see not one but two breastfeeding
moms on airplanes recently both of whom breastfed proudly without shame :-)

Jenn
Mom to 3 BF kids!

Cheri Stryker August 18th 06 06:13 AM

The debate continues

CY wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

The funniest sentence in this article:

"I don't want my son or husband to accidentally see a breast they didn't
want to see."

And here I've always thought that for some (most?) men, accidentally
seeing a breast is kind of a bonus...
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 5.5 months

[email protected] August 18th 06 06:29 AM

The debate continues

CY writes:
: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

You know, sometimes I wonder what planet these people are from.

Not a week after this brouhaha, our local newspaper ran a front
cover full color picture of nursing mothers with the headline
"Mother's Milk is Best." There wasn't a peep. And good thing,
too, so I say. :-)

I have to admit that I just don't get it.

Y'all move out to California,
Larry

CY August 18th 06 07:10 AM

The debate continues

I know, that's what gets me. People think it's great when a made up woman
with big breasts wears a skimpy top that barely hides the nipples, yet when
a "mom" type shows even less flesh, the whole world gets up in arms. It
seems it's not about the breast actually showing, it's the fact that she is
breastfeeding. It's ridiculous...
"Fer" wrote in message
Wow around and around we go.....
It still amazes me that even women see breasts everyday (magazines, tv,
movies NTM all the skimpy tops women wear in public) and they of all ppl
can say that seeing a breast feed baby is 'gross'. shakes her head

On the other front I was SO pleased to see not one but two breastfeeding
moms on airplanes recently both of whom breastfed proudly without shame
:-)

LaTreen Washington August 18th 06 12:19 PM

The debate continues

wrote:

CY writes:
:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

You know, sometimes I wonder what planet these people are from.

I would think a space traveler like Grandpa Larry would have a greater
knowledge of interplanetary cultures than us mere Earthlings.

Not a week after this brouhaha, our local newspaper ran a front
cover full color picture of nursing mothers with the headline
"Mother's Milk is Best." There wasn't a peep. And good thing,
too, so I say. :-)

I have to admit that I just don't get it.

Well some of us don't "get" tit-feeding their kids until they can go to
1st grade. Some of us don't "get" showing their whale of a wife ****ting
and "birfing" a baby on a web page for the world to see, either.

Y'all move out to California,
Larry

It will be a blessing when it breaks off and sinks into the ocean.

Jess August 19th 06 02:01 AM

The debate continues

"CY" wrote in message news:fRcFg.3945$aJ.526@attbi_s21...
I know, that's what gets me. People think it's great when a made up woman
with big breasts wears a skimpy top that barely hides the nipples, yet when
a "mom" type shows even less flesh, the whole world gets up in arms. It
seems it's not about the breast actually showing, it's the fact that she is
breastfeeding. It's ridiculous...

That's exactly what it is. Remember Cruella DeVille a few months back-"it's
not about the tit showing, it's about the fact that you're visibly feeding
your baby with your body and that just really makes some of us uneasy"?

Jess

Caledonia August 19th 06 03:39 AM

The debate continues

wrote:
CY writes:
:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

You know, sometimes I wonder what planet these people are from.

Not a week after this brouhaha, our local newspaper ran a front
cover full color picture of nursing mothers with the headline
"Mother's Milk is Best." There wasn't a peep. And good thing,
too, so I say. :-)

I have to admit that I just don't get it.

Y'all move out to California,
Larry

Ah, yes, the state that coined the term "anchor babies," and is, I
think, last in terms of housing affordability (minimum household income
of 98K, anyone?).

Despite my support of breastfeeding, I have to admit that a positive
attitude toward nursing moms doesn't trump all....

Caledonia

emilymr August 19th 06 05:20 AM

The debate continues

Caledonia wrote:

Ah, yes, the state that coined the term "anchor babies," and is, I
think, last in terms of housing affordability (minimum household income
of 98K, anyone?).

Dream on. You still can't buy a house on that income!! :P~~~~~~

Em (who plans on renting until kiddos are in college, in order to stay
in a decent school district)
mama to Micah, 11/14/04