ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Growth and Basketball (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=492)

FrisbeeŽ MCNGP August 29th 03 04:40 PM

Growth and Basketball

"toto" wrote in message
On 29 Aug 2003 05:09:57 -0700, (David
Hiskiyahu) wrote:

I was told more than once that playing basketball stimulates growth of
children.

Does anyone know if such statement was every confirmed or proved wrong
by a professional study?

Any clue will be welcome.

Never heard of any such study nor even heard an urban legend about
this.

Then let's start our own urban legend!

Playing basketball stimulates growth, while riding racehorses stunts growth!

--
Fris "I believe it because I read it on the internet" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

R. Steve Walz August 30th 03 10:14 AM

Growth and Basketball

David Hiskiyahu wrote:

I was told more than once that playing basketball stimulates growth of
children.

Does anyone know if such statement was every confirmed or proved wrong
by a professional study?

Any clue will be welcome.

Dontcha know, that's why they're all so tall!!

S'yeah, riiight!
Steve