ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New member (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7962)

Kazh May 27th 04 04:24 PM

New member

Hi all

I'm Karen, hubbie and I have been trying to conceive for 9 months now =
with no joy.=20

I am 35 and will be 36 this year. I have 2 kids from my first marriage =
but hubbie (40) has none.
We have bee advised by doctor today to have blood test and sperm count =
tests done, these are due to be done in 3 weeks time and will get =
results in 5 weeks. So looks like a waiting game.

I've bought some ovulation and pregnancy testing sticks in hope.

Who'd have thought getting pregnant for #4 would be this hard.

We TTC joint baby #1.

Any advice is gratefully received.

Karen & Gary

Looking for a good web designer
http://www.fah-designs.com/
--
Need a childminder in Nottingham?
http://www.freewebs.com/cliftonchildminder/index.htm

Jane Thorpe May 27th 04 04:39 PM

New member

Hi Karen - good luck with TTC - I just got pregnant after almost 2 years of
trying - so don't give up! With me it's number 5 and I have never had
problems getting pregnant before!

You say this is number 4 - and yet you have 2 children? I was just
wondering if you had had problems during pregnnacy before and if perhaps
that could effect things now?

Try the obvious - putting a cushion beneath your bottom during sex -
staying horizontal for at least 30 minutes after sex - some people even lie
with their legs up the wall. It just stops the semen flowing back out and
gives them a helping hand! Make sure you are taking a pre-conception
supplement or pre-natal supplement with all the necessary nutrients. I
don't know if it was a coincidence or not but I got pregnant a month or so
after starting to take a regular supplement - including iron.

I was due to have all my infertility tests done this month - blood tests for
hormone levels on day one and day 21 etc etc and then a week after booking
these I found out I was pregnant!! So there is hope :)

Bws
Jane

CY May 27th 04 05:39 PM

New member

Also, you might try the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni
Weschler (commonly referred to here as TCOYF). It is a wealth of
information...ggod luck and happy bd'ing!

CY

Kazh May 27th 04 05:41 PM

New member

I had a baby when I was 15, whom my parents made put up for adoption, =
I've never forgotten him or forgiven them...........

I have 2 kids who live with me, 17 & 15 from first marriage both =
conceived first time, on my birthday 2 yrs apart !! Only 3 days between =
their birthday, with my daughter being stubborn and being born 4 days =
late!!

Thanks for the tips, I'm new to all these techniques, until now we've =
just plodded along and had fun trying, we never thought they would be a =
problem conceiving after me having 3 kids before without ''trying''.=20

My tests are day 21 tests but doctor didn't really explain what they are =
or what the result will tell you, she was running an hour late with =
appointments and was rushing me.

I've started with folic acid tablets but if you can recommend anything =
else I'd appreciate the advice.

I am off to find a spare TTC cushion !!

Thanks
Karen

Leslie May 27th 04 07:19 PM

New member

Welcome, Karen, and good luck ttc.

Leslie

Ilse Witch May 27th 04 07:44 PM

New member

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:24:24 +0100, Kazh wrote:

We TTC joint baby #1.

Any advice is gratefully received.

Welcome Karen! To add to CY's advice, I can tell you I have very good
experience with the re-usable saliva tests for ovulation. They come at a
~$20 price, the only thing you need to do is put some saliva on a small
microscope, let it dry and look at the pattern. If it's ferning, you are
fertile. In combination with the TCOYF method it works very well for me,
as a sole test it is not very exact, but cheap. If you really want to know
exactly when you ovulate, the oral ovulation kits are much more precise,
but they do come at a price.

Besides that, living a healthy life and feeling good about yourself are
also prime things to keep in mind. That goes for both of you. I know how
much stress this must be for you, in spite of that, try not to let it take
over your life. Make sure you keep enjoying the little things of being
together.

I hope that all will be well, and you are just off on the wrong side of
the average for no particular reason. Keep us posted!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

V. May 27th 04 10:42 PM

New member

"Kazh" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm Karen, hubbie and I have been trying to conceive for 9 months now with
no joy.

I am 35 and will be 36 this year. I have 2 kids from my first marriage but
hubbie (40) has none.
We have bee advised by doctor today to have blood test and sperm count tests
done, these are due to be done in 3 weeks time and will get results in 5
weeks. So looks like a waiting game.

I've bought some ovulation and pregnancy testing sticks in hope.

Who'd have thought getting pregnant for #4 would be this hard.

We TTC joint baby #1.

Any advice is gratefully received.

Karen & Gary

Welcome! Please feel free to join mkpttc yahoo group.
Good luck!
Amy
ttc#1

Kazh May 27th 04 10:44 PM

New member

"V." wrote in message =

Welcome! Please feel free to join mkpttc yahoo group.
Good luck!
Amy
ttc#1

Please send me an invite or the link to join, ALL advice and help needed =
right now and if they are as friendly as this ng.............

Daye May 29th 04 07:22 AM

New member

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:24:24 +0100, "Kazh" wrote:

I'm Karen, hubbie and I have been trying to conceive for 9 months now with no joy.

Welcome and good luck!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold