ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Two Month Checkup (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58483)

Jodi B November 27th 07 12:36 AM

Two Month Checkup

I thought I'd report in after our initial struggles that little Ethan is
doing well.

Birth Weight (9/23/07): 8lb 9oz
Lowest Weight (5 days old): 7lb 11oz
2 week checkup: 8lb 6oz

And today his two month checkup had him at (drumroll please):

13lb 5oz!!

I'm breastfeeding him and it's working! Yay!

--Jodi

Nikki November 27th 07 01:57 AM

Two Month Checkup

"Jodi B" wrote in message
t.net...

I thought I'd report in after our initial struggles that little Ethan is
doing well.

Birth Weight (9/23/07): 8lb 9oz
Lowest Weight (5 days old): 7lb 11oz
2 week checkup: 8lb 6oz

And today his two month checkup had him at (drumroll please):

13lb 5oz!!

I'm breastfeeding him and it's working! Yay!

--Jodi

Woo Hoo :D

good job!

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

cjra November 27th 07 07:55 PM

Two Month Checkup

On Nov 26, 6:36 pm, Jodi B wrote:
I thought I'd report in after our initial struggles that little Ethan is
doing well.

Birth Weight (9/23/07): 8lb 9oz
Lowest Weight (5 days old): 7lb 11oz
2 week checkup: 8lb 6oz

And today his two month checkup had him at (drumroll please):

13lb 5oz!!

I'm breastfeeding him and it's working! Yay!

--Jodi

Congratulations! Good job!

[email protected] November 28th 07 12:07 AM

Two Month Checkup

On Nov 27, 10:36 am, Jodi B wrote:
I thought I'd report in after our initial struggles that little Ethan is
doing well.

Birth Weight (9/23/07): 8lb 9oz
Lowest Weight (5 days old): 7lb 11oz
2 week checkup: 8lb 6oz

And today his two month checkup had him at (drumroll please):

13lb 5oz!!

I'm breastfeeding him and it's working! Yay!

--Jodi

Great news Jodi, breastfeeding is the way to go if you can,
unfortunately so many moms have trouble. Perserve as long as you
can! I found reading books very helpful in my first year as a mom.
We should get a baby manual when they are born so we know what to do!
A great online resource I found was www.getmore2life.com and in the
Pregnancy and Baby care section a great cheap ebook called 'Baby's
first Year" - I highly recommend reading it. Loads of tips. Other
good book I got from them was on Baby safety. You'll need to think
about that when Ethan is around 9 months old, you'd be amazed how they
get around by wriggling and crawling. Good tip I did, crawl around
your house and see what things are dangerous at that low level
(electric points, cords etc.)
Good luck, keep up the fantastic work! As Oprah says "Being a Mother
is the most important job in the World!" :)
Bec

Jeni Steers November 28th 07 03:21 PM

Two Month Checkup

"Jodi B" wrote in message
t.net...

I thought I'd report in after our initial struggles that little Ethan is
doing well.

Birth Weight (9/23/07): 8lb 9oz
Lowest Weight (5 days old): 7lb 11oz
2 week checkup: 8lb 6oz

And today his two month checkup had him at (drumroll please):

13lb 5oz!!

I'm breastfeeding him and it's working! Yay!

Excellent, well done!!

Jeni

Sarah Vaughan November 29th 07 09:54 PM

Two Month Checkup

Jodi B wrote:

I thought I'd report in after our initial struggles that little Ethan is
doing well.

Birth Weight (9/23/07): 8lb 9oz
Lowest Weight (5 days old): 7lb 11oz
2 week checkup: 8lb 6oz

And today his two month checkup had him at (drumroll please):

13lb 5oz!!

I'm breastfeeding him and it's working! Yay!

Yay for you! Well done for hanging in there!

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell