ParentingBanter.com

-   Spanking (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wyoming youth ranch ought to be investigated (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=56530)

fx October 10th 07 05:40 AM

Wyoming youth ranch ought to be investigated

Wyoming youth ranch ought to be investigated

http://www.billingsgazette.net/artic...s/23-ranch.txt

My son, John O'Brien, was the victim in the assault at Mount Carmel on
Sept. 18, 2005. I received a phone call on Monday telling me to read a
few Gazette articles written by Ruffin Prevost. What I read was
astounding and shocking, but mostly it saddens me. My feelings of fear
and hurt resurfaced while reading all the facts printed in these articles.

Many thoughts come to mind, but the bottom line to me is simple. Why is
the ball being dropped by the Department of Family Services? Isn't it
this department's job to monitor activities at camps such as Mount
Carmel? I am not surprised at their lack of care as when my son had just
woken up from a coma in St. Vincent, he received a letter from DFS
accusing him of neglect! And the boys' names who assaulted him were the
ones pointing the finger. Yes, the man who was beaten within an inch of
his life was accused of neglecting boys he was trying to help.

Does this give all of you some indication that there is something wrong
in this department?

I am asking all of you to have a voice in your community to join me in
writing the attorney general of Wyoming, demanding a comprehensive and
detailed investigation into the Department of Family Services and Mount
Carmel.

Thanks to Prevost for bringing these facts to light and for being my
voice. Thank you again to all of you for all of your prayers for John.

Christina Wendlandt
Overland Park, Kan.

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA / CIA
WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

Imagine that, 6.4 children die at the hands of the very agencies that
are supposed to protect them and only 1.5 at the hands of parents per
100,000 children. CPS perpetrates more abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse
and kills more children then parents in the United States. If the
citizens of this country hold CPS to the same standards that they hold
parents too. No judge should ever put another child in the hands of ANY
government agency because CPS nationwide is guilty of more harm and
death than any human being combined. CPS nationwide is guilty of more
human rights violations and deaths of children then the homes from which
they were removed. When are the judges going to wake up and see that
they are sending children to their death and a life of abuse when
children are removed from safe homes based on the mere opinion of a
bunch of social workers.

CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, HAPPILY DESTROYING THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT
FAMILIES YEARLY NATIONWIDE AND COMING TO YOU'RE HOME SOON...

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...