ParentingBanter.com

-   Child Support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How was Million Dads March last weekend ? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17786)

Nadacomin June 22nd 03 05:49 PM

How was Million Dads March last weekend ?

Subject: How was Million Dads March last weekend ?

From: (Lecher9000)
Newsgroups: alt.child-support

Date: 22 Jun 2003 12:49:38 GMT

lecher writes:

Hi,

I can't find any news anywhere on the net about this MDM thing that
was supposed to occur in Washington DC on Father's Day. Sounds like a low
turnout. Anyone know anything about it ? Just curious.

Of course it was a low turnout.
Probably enough guys turned out to fill a compact car.

Why?

I will tell you why.

Men paying "child support" spent the weekend doing these things:
Sitting in jail.

Spending the weekend with thier kids, while the ex was out with her new
boyfriend/husband, or whatever.

Working.

Spending the weekend at home, tired, recovering, somewhat, from the workweek.

Those are the kinds of things you do, when you aren't living the life of riley,
on other people's money.
Political activism is usually persued by people who's rent is being paid by
someone else.

http://www.geocities.com/nadacomin/

Fleas20 June 23rd 03 07:18 AM

How was Million Dads March last weekend ?

i went to the mdm on washington with my husband and son what a let down it was
just a waste of our money and time since we traveled all th e way from new
jersey i was really upset when my husband was suppose to be a speaker but when
we got there they kept giving him the round around and he never got a chance to
address the issue on child support what a joke

frazil June 24th 03 03:46 AM

How was Million Dads March last weekend ?

Father Drew wrote in message
How many people were there?
-Drew

Can't be many. It didn't even make the papers. And for the most part
anything over 50 usually at least gets a mention, and if it is a Supreme
Court case, 20 or so will do.