ParentingBanter.com

-   Spanking (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Spanking makes kids stupid (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=66325)

derik87 June 16th 11 07:57 AM

I haven’t found a study against spanking I find convincing. Researchers try to adjust for confounding demographic factors. What they don’t account for is that just because kids who misbehave more get spanked more, doesn’t say which caused which. It’s certainly reasonable to think that increased bad behavior leads to more spanking rather then the other way around.

parenting148 October 3rd 11 06:19 PM

No one should spank their kids!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz45 (Post 512294)
i think that corporal punishment commonly used to discipline a toddler, child, or teenager it effect kids as stupid .

candiceshout October 7th 11 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parenting148 (Post 512431)
No one should spank their kids!!!!

How about in some Asian countries where spanking is allowed because they believe that they make their kids successful when they are disciplined like that.

nila11 April 22nd 13 10:45 AM

jazz your think is right corporal punishment commonly used to discipline a but it’s not good of children its effect mantel and physically fitness . They disturb all time.

mothers day sayings
short mothers day sayings

barmansheep January 12th 15 09:50 PM

I'm not sure that the act by itself, makes a child stupid, though it may make the individual inhibited and more difficult to develop self-expression. More than likely, the child will become unusually angrier than the average child, and some rebellious against parents and authorities, as the reach the teens.