ParentingBanter.com

-   Kids Health (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Company Recalls 36 Million Pounds Of Possibly Salmonella-Tainted Ground Turkey (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=67272)

zeez JosephineJoseph rules August 5th 11 08:32 AM

Company Recalls 36 Million Pounds Of Possibly Salmonella-Tainted Ground Turkey

http://consumerist.com/2011/08/compa...nd-turkey.html

Company Recalls 36 Million Pounds Of Possibly Salmonella-Tainted
Ground Turkey
By Phil Villarreal on August 4, 2011 7:45 AM

(strobist)

Salmonella-tainted turkey has killed one person and sickened dozens of
others, leading Arkansas-based Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation to
recall 36 million pounds of possibly dangerous ground turkey.

Now would be a good time to go through your refrigerator and freezer
and check for the establishment number "P-963" inside the USDA
inspection mark, which signifies recalled packages. The USDA
recommends returning the turkey, which was sold at retail nationwide,
to the place it was purchased.

The agency offers the following advice to prevent salmonellosis and
foodborne illnesses:

Wash hands with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds before and
after handling raw meat and poultry, and cook poultry—including ground
turkey—to 165° F, as determined with a food thermometer.

Arkansas Firm Recalls Ground Turkey Products Due to Possible
Salmonella Contamination [USDA]

Previously: CDC: One Dead, 76 Sick, From Salmonella-fied Ground Turkey
--