ParentingBanter.com

-   Single Parents (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   teenager breaking curfew (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=61977)

Tony March 9th 08 03:43 PM

teenager breaking curfew

G'morning.

I just joined this group looking for some advice. My ex-wife & I have
joint custody of my teenage daughter who just turned 18 this past
week. Sometime last fall, she broke curfew at my place & I punished
her accordingly. Now she's broken curfew at her mom's. My ex-wife
wants to punish my daughter & wishes that I 'match' the same
punishment at my place. Basically, to be on the same page. I disagree.
I don't have as many problems with my daughter as does my ex-wife.

Advice?

jackie0109 November 22nd 08 10:05 AM

Well in that case, you need to discipline your daughter or try to bring her in a psychologist (without her knowledge of course) to know what's up with her and how will you act in that kind of situation.

pointandshout July 8th 10 07:24 AM

You should talk to your daughter about her behavior. Ask calmly about her problems or consult to a psychologist.

mort03crow March 13th 11 11:22 AM

I think You should talk to your daughter about her behavior. Ask calmly about her problems or consult to a psychologist.

nou99hid March 19th 11 06:13 AM

it is better that You should talk to your daughter about her behavior. Ask calmly about her problems or consult to a psychologist.

nike10kelen March 21st 11 05:15 AM

azizitehram March 26th 11 09:35 AM

Dennis and kids March 27th 11 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 496377)
G'morning.

I just joined this group looking for some advice. My ex-wife & I have
joint custody of my teenage daughter who just turned 18 this past
week. Sometime last fall, she broke curfew at my place & I punished
her accordingly. Now she's broken curfew at her mom's. My ex-wife
wants to punish my daughter & wishes that I 'match' the same
punishment at my place. Basically, to be on the same page. I disagree.
I don't have as many problems with my daughter as does my ex-wife.

Advice?

Other than curfew, is your daughter pretty well behaved? Both parents being on the same page has good results when both are married and live together. Do discuss her behavior and if curfew is her only problem and she is overall a good kid, doesn't seem too bad. Afterall, she is an adult. At the same time, she lives with you and you set the rules.

mark12jon April 7th 11 09:43 AM

you should not force her
You should talk to your daughter about her behavior.

spurmsperm April 14th 11 07:02 AM

you should not force her
You should talk to your daughter about her behavior.