ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   military schools? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=733)

ColoradoSkiBum October 1st 03 03:20 AM

military schools?

Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't know
where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help out
there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)
--
ColoradoSkiBum

toto October 1st 03 06:17 AM

military schools?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:20:17 -0600, "ColoradoSkiBum"
wrote:

Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't know
where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help out
there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)

Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Clisby October 1st 03 02:11 PM

military schools?

ColoradoSkiBum wrote:
Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't know
where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help out
there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)

You mean a military boarding school (i.e., not necessarily in Colorado?)
Or a day school? If it's the latter, your state probably has some sort
of independent/private school association that could help. Or, some
public schools have junior ROTC programs, but that wouldn't be the
entire school program.

Clisby

Sara October 1st 03 02:37 PM

military schools?

ColoradoSkiBum wrote:

Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy.

I can't help you with that. I'm too confused trying to reconcile "ski
bum" and "military school."

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

google it! October 1st 03 04:20 PM

military schools?

She wants to pack her step-son off to military school so she and the boy's
father can continue to enjoy their swinger lifestyle. Poor kid.

ColoradoSkiBum October 1st 03 04:58 PM

military schools?

: ColoradoSkiBum wrote:
: Hi all,
:
: We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't
know
: where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help
out
: there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)
:
:
: You mean a military boarding school (i.e., not necessarily in Colorado?)
: Or a day school? If it's the latter, your state probably has some sort
: of independent/private school association that could help. Or, some
: public schools have junior ROTC programs, but that wouldn't be the
: entire school program.

I think we're more interested in military boarding schools. Just on a
fact-finding mission at this point.
--
ColoradoSkiBum

T.R.H October 1st 03 06:49 PM

military schools?

wrote:

Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't know
where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help out
there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)

Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?

gee, maybe discipline, manners, courtesy, respect? Things that are
SORELY lacking in the public school system these days....

And I dont blame the teachers, their hands are tied by results of the
liberal social engineering of the last few decades..

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

ColoradoSkiBum October 1st 03 11:46 PM

military schools?

Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?
:
:
: gee, maybe discipline, manners, courtesy, respect? Things that are
: SORELY lacking in the public school system these days....

That, precisely. Do you have any idea where we might start our search?
--
ColoradoSkiBum

dejablues October 1st 03 11:51 PM

military schools?

"T.R.H" wrote in message
Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?

gee, maybe discipline, manners, courtesy, respect? Things that are
SORELY lacking in the public school system these days....

And I dont blame the teachers, their hands are tied by results of the
liberal social engineering of the last few decades..

Right. Kids should be learning these things from their parents.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits