ParentingBanter.com

-   Spanking (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Nice little quote... (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38538)

Dan February 18th 06 10:17 AM

Nice little quote...

taken from

http://www.autistics.us/library/behavioral.html

"If other people hit you, it's because you're a bad person or you did
something wrong. If you hit back or try to defend yourself... then
you're a bad person and you're doing something wrong."

0:-> February 24th 06 12:22 AM

Nice little quote...

Carlson LaVonne wrote:
Great quote, Dan.

How do parents ever rationalize this? When
parents/teachers/administrators his kids, it's because they did
something wrong. Ask any hitter of children and they will agree.
Children learn that when one is bad or does something wrong, they
deserve to be hit.

Yet when the child hits for the same reason as their
parents/teachers/administrators, they learn the same thing. They are
bad and did something wrong.

What's wrong with the logic here?

Ooooooo....now you've done it. I can't resist answering.

The same thing that is wrong with the "logic" Doan tries out here.

Coo-Koo, Coo-Koo.

I think that comes from the DSM IV about page 1291.

R R R R R R

LaVonne