ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   getting bigger (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7935)

Jane Thorpe May 26th 04 03:51 PM

getting bigger

I am only 6 weeks pregnant but am already finding my jeans are too tight -
this is pregnancy number 5 so maybe it should be expected that I will get
bigger quicker???? But It's quite depressing to need maternity clothes at
just 6 weeks :(

Did anyone else have this problem very early? I am kind of miffed as I went
out and bought all my new summer clothes two weeks ago - after 2 years of
trying to get pregnant I didn't think it would happen!!! Now none of them
fit me and I have to console myself with the fact that NEXT summer I will
hopefully fit into them!

Bws
Jane

Jacqui May 26th 04 04:01 PM

getting bigger

Jane Thorpe wibbled

I am only 6 weeks pregnant but am already finding my jeans are too
tight - this is pregnancy number 5 so maybe it should be expected
that I will get bigger quicker???? But It's quite depressing to
need maternity clothes at just 6 weeks :(

Did anyone else have this problem very early?

Yes, and 8 years after pg #1 so I didn't think it would necessarily be
considered pg #2 by my body IYSWIM. LMP was Oct 12th, I tested on Nov
18th, and by Nov 30th I couldn't get into my jeans. Since I discovered
this away from home and the only other thing I had with me was the very
dressy skirt I'd worn to a wedding the previous day I had to go buy
another pair in a bigger size pretty sharpish!

Jac

Steve & Erin May 26th 04 04:44 PM

getting bigger

I had to buy maternity clothes at 10 weeks, which is also considered early.
This is #1 for me, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but even the doctor said
I look 2 weeks further along than I am.

My mom said she was really big with me and one of my brothers. I wonder if
it runs in the family?

Enjoy!
Erin
edd 11/12/04

Michelle Podnar May 26th 04 07:16 PM

getting bigger

I found that I had a lot of bloating very early on 5-7 weeks, but then it
went away, and I could fit into some of my old clothes again. I am now 10.5
weeks, and I am now not fitting into them again...

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002

Leslie May 26th 04 07:33 PM

getting bigger

Jane,

I am on number 5 as well and my clothes were all too tight at 6 weeks and I was
in maternity clothes by three months (I was just stuffing myself into things
until then!). I show earlier and earlier each time, I find. I'm four months
now and look six.

Leslie

Andrea J. Richardson May 27th 04 01:40 AM

getting bigger

"Jane Thorpe" wrote in message
I am only 6 weeks pregnant but am already finding my jeans are too tight -
this is pregnancy number 5 so maybe it should be expected that I will get
bigger quicker???? But It's quite depressing to need maternity clothes at
just 6 weeks :(

Did anyone else have this problem very early? I am kind of miffed as I

went
out and bought all my new summer clothes two weeks ago - after 2 years of
trying to get pregnant I didn't think it would happen!!! Now none of them
fit me and I have to console myself with the fact that NEXT summer I will
hopefully fit into them!

Bws
Jane

I didn't fit in buttoned pants at 6 weeks and this is my 1st baby. I had to
wear
maternity pants or regular pants with elastic in them. I am currently 22
weeks.

Andrea
#1 due: 09/28/04

Amy May 27th 04 07:50 AM

getting bigger

That early it's probably just fluid retention, unless you really are eating
for two already, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I was big early on,
but it wasn't really a predictor of things to come, after the bloating went
away I didn't show until fairly late. Congrats, you've waited two years for
this and like you say, the summer clothes will keep for next summer (or the
summer after!)

Fer May 27th 04 04:54 PM

getting bigger

Michelle Podnar wrote:
|| I found that I had a lot of bloating very early on 5-7 weeks, but
|| then it went away, and I could fit into some of my old clothes
|| again. I am now 10.5 weeks, and I am now not fitting into them
|| again...
|| --
|| Michelle P
|| Ava Marie July 14, 2002
|| #2 Due December 18, 2004

I must have missed our announcement...congrats!!

--?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-36 weeks!

Fer May 27th 04 04:56 PM

getting bigger

Jane Thorpe wrote:
|| I am only 6 weeks pregnant but am already finding my jeans are too
|| tight - this is pregnancy number 5 so maybe it should be expected
|| that I will get bigger quicker???? But It's quite depressing to
|| need maternity clothes at just 6 weeks :(
|| Did anyone else have this problem very early? I am kind of miffed
|| as I went out and bought all my new summer clothes two weeks ago -
|| after 2 years of trying to get pregnant I didn't think it would
|| happen!!! Now none of them fit me and I have to console myself with
|| the fact that NEXT summer I will hopefully fit into them!
|| Bws
|| Jane

I had a noticable belly (to me and DH) very early on with this pregnancy.
Once some of the bloating went away it was already replaced with baby belly
so I couldn't win :)

--?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-36 weeks!

JennP May 28th 04 04:15 AM

getting bigger

I'm 18 weeks pg with #2 and still very easily in most of my regular clothes.
I'm pretty surprised since I grew out of them early with ds. But then again,
I gained a bunch of weight right of the bat with him, and this time I'm only
+1 lb from my pp weight.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00