ParentingBanter.com

-   General (moderated) (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Online Legal Docs to sign away parental rights? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3061)

Jamie May 5th 04 03:09 AM

Online Legal Docs to sign away parental rights?

Have friend in CO, ex-husband in Texas (still resides there). Divorce
was filed in Texas (I believe). The husband now wants/needs to sign
away his parental rights.

I can't seem to find any documentation on the web.

Basically, I would like to do the research and possibly give her a
legal doc for reference.

Thoughts?

Peace,
Jamie

Ann Porter May 5th 04 11:57 AM

Online Legal Docs to sign away parental rights?

"Jamie" wrote in message
om...
Have friend in CO, ex-husband in Texas (still resides there). Divorce
was filed in Texas (I believe). The husband now wants/needs to sign
away his parental rights.

I can't seem to find any documentation on the web.

Basically, I would like to do the research and possibly give her a
legal doc for reference.

Thoughts?

My thought is to have your friend call a lawyer. We used one when my
husband adopted my son to handle the termination of parental rights and the
adoption. It was not a simple process, and laws will vary from state to
state. With two states involved, it can get complex real quick.

Best,
Ann

Jeff May 5th 04 11:57 AM

Online Legal Docs to sign away parental rights?

"Jamie" wrote in message
om...
Have friend in CO, ex-husband in Texas (still resides there). Divorce
was filed in Texas (I believe). The husband now wants/needs to sign
away his parental rights.

I can't seem to find any documentation on the web.

Basically, I would like to do the research and possibly give her a
legal doc for reference.

Thoughts?

The parent who wishes to give up his rights should consult a lawyer who
specializes in family law.

Jeff

Peace,
Jamie