ParentingBanter.com

-   Single Parents (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   teenager breaking curfew (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=61977)

jazz45 June 14th 11 08:25 AM

Talk to your daughter and behave like her friend not like parent.

derik87 June 16th 11 08:03 AM

You should talk to your daughter about her behavior. Ask calmly about her problems or consult to a psychologist.

Jannice September 1st 11 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz45 (Post 512298)
Talk to your daughter and behave like her friend not like parent.

just talk to her.. :D

Trache September 28th 11 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 496377)
G'morning.

I just joined this group looking for some advice. My ex-wife & I have
joint custody of my teenage daughter who just turned 18 this past
week. Sometime last fall, she broke curfew at my place & I punished
her accordingly. Now she's broken curfew at her mom's. My ex-wife
wants to punish my daughter & wishes that I 'match' the same
punishment at my place. Basically, to be on the same page. I disagree.
I don't have as many problems with my daughter as does my ex-wife.

Advice?

Just don't think "I wont do this coz my ex does this".. Just think of a punishment that will do good for your daughter and that will benefit you both. You can check her to some teen camp and give thee help that she needs. Coz she clearly needs to learn how to respect and be responsible.