ParentingBanter.com

-   Solutions (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TV Turnoff Week: Escape the Fantasy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=50402)

Custard Creme April 17th 07 11:11 PM

TV Turnoff Week: Escape the Fantasy

April 23 - April 29 2007

The idea is simple: take your TV, your DVD player, your video iPod,
your XBOX 360, your laptop, your PSP, and say goodbye to them all for
seven days. Simple, but not at all easy. Like millions of others
before you, you'll be shocked at just how difficult - yet also how
life-changing - a week spent unplugged can really be.

http://adbusters.org/metas/psycho/tvturnoff/index.php

Watch the uncommercials
http://www.youtube.com/v/szjtqFB5EnQ

http://www.youtube.com/v/Po1gHbZulFc

G Hardy April 18th 07 12:21 AM

TV Turnoff Week: Escape the Fantasy

"Custard Creme" wrote in message
oups.com...
April 23 - April 29 2007

The idea is simple: take your ... laptop... and say goodbye ... for
seven days. Simple, but not at all easy. Like millions of others
before you, you'll be shocked at just how difficult - yet also how
life-changing - a week spent unplugged can really be.

Thankfully, I can stay online by just moving the ethernet cable over to a
desktop machine, or am I missing the point?

;o)

R. Steve Walz April 18th 07 12:31 AM

Custard Creme wrote:

April 23 - April 29 2007

The idea is simple: take your TV, your DVD player, your video iPod,
your XBOX 360, your laptop, your PSP, and say goodbye to them all for
seven days. Simple, but not at all easy. Like millions of others
before you, you'll be shocked at just how difficult - yet also how
life-changing - a week spent unplugged can really be.

It would be like living in the paleolithic, when we had to gather
food 18 hours a day or starve. It would be barely worth it. Even
if the food is free, and we don't have to work, so that we can lay
around and wonder what we're supposed to do, without anything else
decent to do that humans have invented, life would suck bad. So
YOU go do that, YOU go suck, and we'll keep right on looking and
playing.
Steve