ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SIDS monitor? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=40109)

[email protected] April 10th 06 03:06 AM

SIDS monitor?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good SIDS monitor? I can really only find the
one from http://www.babysafetymonitor.com. I'm wondering if it's any
good, or if people have used anything else? Even Consumer Reports
doesn't have info on them.

Thank for any help,
Eric

camandshane April 10th 06 09:35 PM

SIDS monitor?

This is the one I use (have two under two kids now)

http://www.babyuniverse.co.nz/site/p...onitor_AC20 1

I don't know if you can buy this one where you are.

It has been a great peace of mind for us - especially when they start
sleeping longer at night - you wake up and realise the time and you
think "OMG the baby is dead" then you realise the alarm hasn't gone off
so you can roll over and go back to sleep. Before we installed it we
would both wake up and go running into the baby's room and prod him.
He would wake up and cry - then you wonder why on earth you did that -
you could have done with the sleep :)

My friend borrowed my one when her daughter stopped breathing and had a
seizure in her arms. The first night the alarm went off - thanks to
her mums quick reaction she is fine.

Good luck
Camille

Debbie Harrison April 12th 06 11:14 AM

SIDS monitor?

I have a maws/tommee tippee reassurance 8 monitor which is similar to the
one you are looking at. This has now been replace by the following updated
version.

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...oogle&ct=title

HTH

Debbie

oups.com...

Knit Chic April 12th 06 02:46 PM

SIDS monitor?

My SIDS monitor was rented from the hospital.
However it was medically necessary.