ParentingBanter.com

-   General (moderated) (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   private preschool in San Jose area ( Challenger vs Stratford vs others) (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=50554)

[email protected] April 24th 07 03:37 AM

private preschool in San Jose area ( Challenger vs Stratford vs others)

HI

We live in the evergreen area of San Jose, California. We are looking
for a preschool for our 3 year old daughter. She is a bright, active
kid and learns things fast. But she gets distracted easily and has
problem with staying focussed on anything for more than a few minutes.
Maybe she is just begin a 3 year old!

She is going to a Montessory pre-school currently. The open
unstructured play learning is good generally. But she seems to be more
distracted by the settings. We are looking for some preschool that
will offer a more structured program and less distraction, preferrably
with a smaller student to teacher ratio.

Any suggestion is welcome. We have the obvious names like Challenger
and Stratford. Any comment on how those two compare? We will not be
particularly thrilled about sending her to a religious school. But if
anybody has a suggestion for such a school with less emphasis on
religion, we are open to it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

-Dipu

Louise April 30th 07 05:44 AM

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:37:49 EDT, wrote:

HI

We live in the evergreen area of San Jose, California. We are looking
for a preschool for our 3 year old daughter. She is a bright, active
kid and learns things fast. But she gets distracted easily and has
problem with staying focussed on anything for more than a few minutes.
Maybe she is just begin a 3 year old!

Could be. It doesn't sound like a problem to me. What do the
Montessori teachers say about the way she plays and learns and
interacts with the other kids?

Louise