ParentingBanter.com

-   Solutions (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Conspiracy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=54217)

R. Steve Walz August 15th 07 04:10 PM

Conspiracy

127.0.0.1 wrote:

PROOF: OUR LEADERS ARE BETRAYING US ALL!
FOR MONTHS WE'VE ALL HEARD STORIES ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE UNITED
STATES, CANADA AND MEXICO WOULD BE "MERGED" INTO A NEW SOVEREIGN ENTITY
CALLED THE "NORTH AMERICAN UNION" . . . . .
GOVERNMENTS DENIED IT PUBLICLY AND OTHERS CALLED US "CONSPIRACY NUTS."

WE FINALLY HAVE PROOF: THEY ARE COINING MONEY IN THE NAME OF THIS NEW
ENTITY!!!!

"The Hal Turner Show"

--------------------
That's what I thought, Hal Turner. You're a ****ing idiot who doesn't
even know that his show is intended as humor.
Steve

R. Steve Walz August 16th 07 03:01 AM

Conspiracy

127.0.0.1 wrote:

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:10:18 -0700
"R. Steve Walz" wrote:

127.0.0.1 wrote:

PROOF: OUR LEADERS ARE BETRAYING US ALL!
FOR MONTHS WE'VE ALL HEARD STORIES ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE
UNITED STATES, CANADA AND MEXICO WOULD BE "MERGED" INTO A NEW
SOVEREIGN ENTITY CALLED THE "NORTH AMERICAN UNION" . . . . .
GOVERNMENTS DENIED IT PUBLICLY AND OTHERS CALLED US "CONSPIRACY
NUTS."

WE FINALLY HAVE PROOF: THEY ARE COINING MONEY IN THE NAME OF THIS
NEW ENTITY!!!!

"The Hal Turner Show"

--------------------
That's what I thought, Hal Turner. You're a ****ing idiot who doesn't
even know that his show is intended as humor.
Steve

The government didn't find humor in the fact that he posted the names,
home addresses and phone numbers of U.S. senators. His server logs
showed the Feds were all over his website.

-----------------
HIS lies WOULD "show" that, dummy.
The names, addresses and phone numbers of senators are public
knowledge!!

Steve, the governments of Europe pulled the same stuff with the
European Union, what makes you think they won't do the same in the
U.S.? You can read it in their own words. see: http://www.spp.gov/

---------------------
You mean that democracy is a conspiracy!!?? God, I hope so!!
Steve

R. Steve Walz August 17th 07 01:34 AM

Conspiracy

127.0.0.1 wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote:

127.0.0.1 wrote:

[...]

I did a whois on some of those IP-numbers and they were government
IP's.. If I told you to give me IP's from DHS you wouldn't be able to
do so. So the government was all over his website over that.

The names, addresses and phone numbers of senators are public
knowledge!!

I suppose they are, but he posted the address and left a bit of
commentary to go along with 'em ;-)

Steve, the governments of Europe pulled the same stuff with the
European Union, what makes you think they won't do the same in the
U.S.? You can read it in their own words. see: http://www.spp.gov/

---------------------
You mean that democracy is a conspiracy!!?? God, I hope so!!
Steve

Merging countries certainly is. You like these big Jew bankers or
something?

-------------------
If you knew how stupid and ignorant you were being about "Jews",
you'd gag and die.
Steve

R. Steve Walz August 17th 07 01:44 AM

Conspiracy

127.0.0.1 wrote:

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:10:18 -0700
"R. Steve Walz" wrote:

Hey Steve, do you believe this to be true or is bull****?

'We have broken speed of light'

By Nic Fleming, Science Correspondent
Last Updated: 12:01am BST 16/08/2007

A pair of German physicists claim to have broken the speed of light - an achievement that would undermine our entire understanding of space and time.

According to Einstein's special theory of relativity, it would require an infinite amount of energy to propel an object at more than 186,000 miles per second.

However, Dr Gunter Nimtz and Dr Alfons Stahlhofen, of the University of Koblenz, say they may have breached a key tenet of that theory.

The pair say they have conducted an experiment in which microwave photons - energetic packets of light - travelled "instantaneously" between a pair of prisms that had been moved up to 3ft apart.

----------------------
There always seems to be the problem that for one of several reasons,
no INFORMATION can be transmitted by such an interaction, so the
principle is useless.

Being able to travel faster than the speed of light would lead to a wide variety of bizarre consequences.

For instance, an astronaut moving faster than it would theoretically arrive at a destination before leaving.

-------------------
Except astronuts have rest mass, and thus are not photons.

The scientists were investigating a phenomenon called quantum tunnelling, which allows sub-atomic particles to break apparently unbreakable laws.

--------------------
Nonsense, that's how the EPROMs in your computer have worked for the
last 30 YEARS!

Dr Nimtz told New Scientist magazine: "For the time being, this is the
only violation of special relativity that I know of."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...cispeed116.xml

----------------
One, this is VERY OLD news, at least 10 years old.

Two, this is what happens when you turn under-educated amateur science
correspondents loose with the interpetation of complicated news in
physics. It doesn't violate anything, although it is surprising and
interesting. The reason that it doesn't violate relativity is because
photons have NO REST MASS!! The limitations on energies are true only
for particles with a rest mass, namely matter, versus "energy".
Steve

R. Steve Walz August 17th 07 06:35 AM

Conspiracy

127.0.0.1 wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote:

[...]

I doubt they're under-educated. From what I gather 'Theoretical
Physicist' are shun by those in the hierarchy in the physic's
community. (Well, Not shun but ignored and dismissed as cranks)

-----------------
No, you've been misled, or have misled yourself.

Case in point, MIT grads exploring M-Theory/String-Theory being denied
access/use of the particle accelerator, school, claiming that the $cost
was too high and their theories aren't sound enough to even be tested.

---------------------
That's just budget triage, happens every day where a facility is in
high demand, it does NOT reflect on their work, it just says to them:
"Get more background and preliminaries done, and we'll try to stick
it in the budget next year". They have to do that with all the proposals
that are not high priority.

What's wrong with giving Theoretical Physicist the use of the particle
accelerator anytime they want it? Particle Accelerators are massive and
I guess it does cost a great deal of money to even start it, but they
should have a right to explore their theories, yes?

------------------------
It's a matter of scarce funding and more practical priorities, not a
matter of "rights". Anytime they want it? The cost of a particle
accelerator they could have on that basis would have to be solely
funded by THEIR project, an impossibility!

Walz do you know that a microscopic bit of antimatter has been created
in particle accelerators?

--------------------------
Yup. It's called pair production. Make a fat enough photon and it breaks
down into an electron and a positron and then they recombine. That is
VERy old news.

problem is containment, when matter meets antimatter BOOM!!

-------------------------
Well, you need a lot of it to go boom, but matter-antimatter
annihilation yields 9 x 10^16 Watt-Seconds per Kilogram. A Kg
is a LOT of positrons!

It's 1836/(1.67262158 × 10-27) = 1.097678053394e+30 to be
fairly exact.

Let these guys play with particle accelerators and
figure out how to create & contain this stuff. The energy source of
antimatter is beyond your comprehension, it would be the purest
form of energy in the universe, I say let these guys harvest this
energy and not call them cranks.

-------------------------
It's not "beyond our comprehension", it's been well-understood for
quite a while now, where do you get this over-dramatized paranoid
crap?
Steve

R. Steve Walz August 17th 07 01:08 PM

Conspiracy

127.0.0.1 wrote:

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:35:43 -0700
"R. Steve Walz" wrote:

I doubt they're under-educated. From what I gather 'Theoretical
Physicist' are shun by those in the hierarchy in the physic's
community. (Well, Not shun but ignored and dismissed as cranks)

-----------------
No, you've been misled, or have misled yourself.

Perhaps.

Case in point, MIT grads exploring M-Theory/String-Theory being
denied access/use of the particle accelerator, school, claiming
that the $cost was too high and their theories aren't sound enough
to even be tested.

---------------------
That's just budget triage, happens every day where a facility is in
high demand, it does NOT reflect on their work, it just says to them:
"Get more background and preliminaries done, and we'll try to stick
it in the budget next year". They have to do that with all the
proposals that are not high priority.

The creation of antimatter and containment should be a high priority
for any government/School. Just look at the military aspect, if they
were able to harness this power may gawd help the planet, they could
destroy the whole damn thing with a push of a button.

------------------------
It's easier to do with nukes. Look: Antimatter containment is VERY
difficult, and is estimated to be SO FAR from feasible as to totally
DIS-justify any expense on it that is in ANY WAY duplicated by the
two major nuclear fusion projects. THAT'S why.

What's wrong with giving Theoretical Physicist the use of the
particle accelerator anytime they want it? Particle Accelerators
are massive and I guess it does cost a great deal of money to even
start it, but they should have a right to explore their theories,
yes?

------------------------
It's a matter of scarce funding and more practical priorities, not a
matter of "rights". Anytime they want it?

Why not? Why should these guys not be able to use the particle
accelerators when ever they want? I don't understand, antimatter is the
wave of the future.

-----------------------
The VERY DISTANT future. It is like funding research into warp drive
with no connection to what we DO know and no other background work to
support it, it would be a VERY expensive boondoggle that might sour
the public's attitude towards Big Science for decades. We have to
pick our battles!

The cost of a particle
accelerator they could have on that basis would have to be solely
funded by THEIR project, an impossibility!

How much does it cost to use particle accelerators? I know the cost is
high, but it can't be that high. Why doesn't the department of defense
fund this work?

----------------------------------
It takes the proportion of the accelerator's expense that is represented
by that project's use. And somebody has to pay for it. So far, that
"somebody" has declined to fund it, the American People declined through
their Congress. We lost the Superconducting SuperCollider a number of
years back, and things have been rather slim lately in theoretical
physics!!

Walz do you know that a microscopic bit of antimatter has been
created in particle accelerators?

--------------------------
Yup. It's called pair production. Make a fat enough photon and it
breaks down into an electron and a positron and then they recombine.
That is VERy old news.

Does this not blow your freaking mind?? This stuff is absolutely
incredible!!

------------------
It's very old news.

problem is containment, when matter meets antimatter BOOM!!

-------------------------
Well, you need a lot of it to go boom, but matter-antimatter
annihilation yields 9 x 10^16 Watt-Seconds per Kilogram. A Kg
is a LOT of positrons!

It's 1836/(1.67262158 × 10-27) = 1.097678053394e+30 to be
fairly exact.

Over my head ;-)

---------------------------------
That's one over 1/1836th the weight of a proton, which is the
number of positrons in a Kg.

Let these guys play with particle accelerators and
figure out how to create & contain this stuff. The energy source of
antimatter is beyond your comprehension, it would be the purest
form of energy in the universe, I say let these guys harvest this
energy and not call them cranks.

-------------------------
It's not "beyond our comprehension", it's been well-understood for
quite a while now, where do you get this over-dramatized paranoid
crap?

Yes, to the average person it is indeed above comprehension - you act
like antimatter and containment is a mere light bulb.

There's fundamentally no difference between the "incomprehensibility"
of electrons flowing through a bulb and antimatter annihilation.
They are both equally invisible and ethereal.
Steve