ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dinner (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=66657)

dr_jeff February 27th 10 12:30 PM

Dinner

From the New York Times:
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...pagemode=print

Seems like reasonable rules to me.

Jeff

betsy February 27th 10 01:16 PM

Dinner

dr_jeff wrote:
From the New York Times:
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...pagemode=print

Seems like reasonable rules to me.

Jeff

In order to actually have a family meal, I would at least add,

"Children who choose not to eat the meal provided must sit pleasantly at
the table with the family until excused."

If children have to sit at the table with food in front of them while
they are hungry, they are likely to begin eating it at some point.

--Betsy

cube12ic March 5th 11 07:39 AM

This is very nice and informative post and i visit your give link there is very useful information. I hope in future you share more useful information.

pha12ge March 11th 11 09:52 PM

Dinner used to be the name of the main meal of the day. Depending upon culture, this may now be the second, third or fourth meal of the day.[1] but, originally, it referred to the first meal of the day, eaten about noon, and is still occasionally used in this fashion if it refers to a large or main meal.

mort03crow March 13th 11 11:19 AM

Having dinner very necessary daily for our health
we should do daily dinner

nou99hid March 16th 11 10:35 AM

i think we should force our children to have meal or dinner must
it is best for their health

Mark_ferguson77 March 23rd 11 08:49 AM

I think that we should adopt some nice & polite skills to let the children finish their dinner at time.

azizitehram March 26th 11 09:33 AM

i think we should force our children to have meal or dinner must at time
it is best for their health

albert.macintosh March 29th 11 07:24 AM

I think we should deal with the children with a lot of tact to let them eat their dinner at time.

Dennis and kids March 30th 11 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_jeff (Post 510167)
From the New York Times:
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...pagemode=print

Seems like reasonable rules to me.

Jeff

Pretty reasonable rules. In our family, we subscribe to everyone being present at dinner as much as possible.
We also put a cut-off time to dinner, so if you are way late...too bad.