ParentingBanter.com

-   Child Support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   how to file for child support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38264)

mosnar February 9th 06 05:27 AM

how to file for child support

Thanks in advance for any response.

I am a divorced father of two girls. I have been raising them on my own
for 6.5 years. My daughters are 8 and 14 years old. They live with me
full time, 365 and 24x7. They have only talked with the mother a few
times a year on the phone, but have not seen her in 6 years.

Anyway, I think it's time that I ask for child support. My question
is....Where do I start, how do I accomplish this task.

I live in Texas, at the divorce I declined any support. The judge told
me that if I ever want it (child support and health insurance) to come
back and ask for it.

I am sure its not that simple. There must be some paper work or court
papers that need filing.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

P. Fritz February 9th 06 09:28 AM

how to file for child support

"mosnar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks in advance for any response.

I am a divorced father of two girls. I have been raising them on my own
for 6.5 years. My daughters are 8 and 14 years old. They live with me
full time, 365 and 24x7. They have only talked with the mother a few
times a year on the phone, but have not seen her in 6 years.

Anyway, I think it's time that I ask for child support.

Why? Be thankful you have your children. You are more fortunate than
95% of divorced fathers. Asking for CS will only create more issues. It is
bad enough that one parent has more or less abandoned the kids as it is.

My question
is....Where do I start, how do I accomplish this task.

I live in Texas, at the divorce I declined any support.

Good for you.......why change a good thing now?

The judge told
me that if I ever want it (child support and health insurance) to come
back and ask for it.

I am sure its not that simple. There must be some paper work or court
papers that need filing.

Ask yourself.....is it REALLY worth it????

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Moon Shyne February 9th 06 12:03 PM

"P. Fritz" wrote in message ...

"mosnar" wrote in message oups.com...
Thanks in advance for any response.

I am a divorced father of two girls. I have been raising them on my own
for 6.5 years. My daughters are 8 and 14 years old. They live with me
full time, 365 and 24x7. They have only talked with the mother a few
times a year on the phone, but have not seen her in 6 years.

Anyway, I think it's time that I ask for child support.

Why? Be thankful you have your children. You are more fortunate than 95% of divorced fathers. Asking for CS will
only create more issues. It is bad enough that one parent has more or less abandoned the kids as it is.

Unless, of course, he's interfered with the relationship - you know, the way the mothers are accused of keeping the
father out of the children's lives?

OPPRESSED SERVANT OF SATANS DAUGHTER February 9th 06 12:21 PM

how to file for child support

Nah,
that personality type already knows how to file for child support, has been
collecting child and spousal support , has already has had a half dozen
hearings to try to increase the support, has assessed football pool
winnings, spent $250/hr on her attorneys to fight over a penny the man found
on the street!! That would be the mother who uses her children and child
support as emotional and financial swords. There are millions of them. A
new one was born January 2, 2005 in Beaver, Pa.

It should be real easy to file for child support. In Pa. you contact the
domestic relations office at the county courthouse.

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

oups.com...

Werebat February 9th 06 01:09 PM

Moon Shyne wrote:
"P. Fritz" wrote in message ...

"mosnar" wrote in message oups.com...
Thanks in advance for any response.

I am a divorced father of two girls. I have been raising them on my own
for 6.5 years. My daughters are 8 and 14 years old. They live with me
full time, 365 and 24x7. They have only talked with the mother a few
times a year on the phone, but have not seen her in 6 years.

Anyway, I think it's time that I ask for child support.

Why? Be thankful you have your children. You are more fortunate than 95% of divorced fathers. Asking for CS will
only create more issues. It is bad enough that one parent has more or less abandoned the kids as it is.

Unless, of course, he's interfered with the relationship - you know, the way the mothers are accused of keeping the
father out of the children's lives?

You're projecting, Moon.

- Ron ^*^

Moon Shyne February 9th 06 01:12 PM

"Werebat" wrote in message news:5iGGf.79260$QW2.78341@dukeread08...

Moon Shyne wrote:
"P. Fritz" wrote in message ...

"mosnar" wrote in message oups.com...
Thanks in advance for any response.

I am a divorced father of two girls. I have been raising them on my own
for 6.5 years. My daughters are 8 and 14 years old. They live with me
full time, 365 and 24x7. They have only talked with the mother a few
times a year on the phone, but have not seen her in 6 years.

Anyway, I think it's time that I ask for child support.

Why? Be thankful you have your children. You are more fortunate than 95% of divorced fathers. Asking for CS
will only create more issues. It is bad enough that one parent has more or less abandoned the kids as it is.

Unless, of course, he's interfered with the relationship - you know, the way the mothers are accused of keeping the
father out of the children's lives?

You're projecting, Moon.

More of your bull**** accusations?

How........... tedious.

- Ron ^*^

Kenneth S. February 9th 06 02:22 PM

how to file for child support

I would suggest that you consider carefully the wider implications of
seeking child support from the mother. It's extremely unusual for custodial
fathers to be getting child support from the mother. Of course, one reason
for this is that it is extremely unusual for fathers to have custody.
Another reason is that, as in your case, if a father can by some means or
other get custody, often he contents himself with that, and does not also
seek child support.

You have two girls, both still relatively young. I would think there is
a definite possibility that, if you go after the mother for child support,
she will retaliate by seeking a change of custody. It is by no means
difficult to see how she would get it. "Yes, I was a bad mother in the
past, but I'm a reformed character now. My daughters need their mother.
He's had them for over six years, and now he's trying to make money out of
them. Before they're grown, they should have a chance to get to know me as
their mother." That's the sort of thing she'll tell the judge. She may
have some feminist groups supporting her in court. And the prejudice against
fathers in domestic relations courts in the U.S. is so strong that she may
very well succeed.

Others will tell you differently. However, in your shoes, I would try
to be realistic about the situation. If you can manage without the mother's
support, I would let sleeping dogs lie.

oups.com...

DB February 9th 06 04:54 PM

how to file for child support

"Kenneth S." wrote in

It's extremely unusual for custodial fathers to be getting child support
from the mother.

Excuse me, isn't it the law that all people classed as a NCP shall pay
extortionate child support regardless of their gender or station in life?

Bet the Fembots didn't count on this when they were lobbying so hard for
such draconian measures? LOLOLOL

Confused_Dad February 9th 06 10:51 PM

how to file for child support

Go to your Social services department for your count and they will
direct you in the right direction.. However be careful. I have read
some of these posting and these people are right. I would not be
suprised in the least if she tries to turn the custody on you. You are
better off waiting until they are 17 and 11 (that way they can make
their owm minds up). Then nail the B____ for child support. if
everything goes your way she will have to pay for all arrears since the
divorce (that's what happened to me to an extent). The mother of my
daughter filed 10 months after and I had to pay all the way back to her
birth. I didn't mind since she was my daughter. But I have heard
other cases where this had happened (only to guys though of course)

SpiderHam77 February 10th 06 01:00 AM

how to file for child support

Okay I was reading the replies to this guys questions.. And well P.
Fritz you seem to be the most negative on the issue. I to am a Single
father of a Son. Who does not recived Child support... However that
said I have requested and applied for it.

Main reason for such an endavor.. it's not because I'm looking to get
rich. I am quite confortable on my own. And we live a confortable
life. My reasons behind are much more evil then that... She is also
the parent of my child. Just because she decided she wanted to be
single, and not have to worry about her children, doesn't mean she is
not responsible for them.

If this were a woman asking the same quesiton would the answers you
all seem to be giving be the same.. No.. you would first be condemming
her for even thinking she has a right to child support, and then after
that you would start to spout off how dumb the system is.

Myself.. I have set up an Education plan. I have made it clear to my
ex, any monies she gives me for my our son. Thats where it's going.
However I do feel she is obligated to hold up her end of th bargin...
Especially considering she is the one who decided to bring the child to
term, and have it. Apprently in other arguments men don't have the
ability to have any control on this matter...

So if she right to decide to do such an action, wouldn't logic dicate
she also has a responsibility to care for her child?

Now this whole notion of saying don't do it because we men should
consider ourselves lucky to have such a order come out in our favour,
is just plain dumb. How is something like this going to become the
norm in society if we don't push it all the way through. Not just
being content with the "Luck" (And I use that term Loosly).

I can't honestly see her be responsible for arrears since you
specifically opted out of such payments at the start.. That could of
been for a variety of reason, they are not important.

What is important is that if a Single Mothe is entitled to Child
Support, then so is a Single Father. End of Story.. And this thing
about her gaining custody.. I think is also hogwash...

She has had no Physical contact with her children... Most is the odd
phone call, maybe a card here and there... I can't imagine any Court,
even if they are Pro Mommy, taking them away from Dad to go live with a
mother that one of them hasn't known since the age of 2.

Monsar I personally think you should go for support if for no other
reason your trying to build a College Fun for your Daughters...
According to the Law you are entitled to recived such support,
therefore it should be paid.

SpiderHam77