ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   One year today! (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12753)

Alpha April 10th 04 02:40 AM

One year today!

We've been breastfeeding for one year today! Yay!

Today I was thinking about how in the hospital, there was a short period
where it looked for all the world like Quinn was going the way his brother
went -- growing disinterest in the breast before the milk came in. (In
Eamon's case, it led to all-out revolt against breastfeeding.) But then
one of the hospital LC's stopped by on a routine visit, I went ahead and
described what was going on, and she gave me all kinds of great suggestions
that worked like a charm.

And today I was also thinking about all the pain and problems of the first
3-4 months, how it sometimes seemed like it would never get better.

So today I feel proud, and grateful. We made it! And no plans of stopping
any time soon. :-)

-- Alpha
mom to Eamon and Quinn

Nikki April 10th 04 06:56 AM

One year today!

Oh wow. What an inspirational story :-) Congrats!!

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Belphoebe April 10th 04 01:50 PM

One year today!

Alpha wrote:

So today I feel proud, and grateful. We made it! And no plans of
stopping any time soon. :-)

You've got every reason to be proud--well done! And happy birthday to
Quinn! :)

--
Belphoebe

A&G&K April 11th 04 01:28 AM

One year today!

"Alpha" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Congratulations and well done. Happy Birthday to little Quinn :)
I hope your story is an inspiration to the new members to hang in there -
it does get better for most of us :)
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002