ParentingBanter.com

-   Kids Health (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   SPLENDA (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=52829)

bigvince July 5th 07 07:14 PM

SPLENDA

On Jul 5, 12:35 pm, (Richard Schultz) wrote:
In misc.health.alternative JOHN wrote:

: "By this process chlorocarbons such as sucralose deliver chlorine directly
: into our cells through normal metabolization. This makes them effective
: insecticides and preservatives. Preservatives must kill anything alive to
: prevent bacterial decomposition."

Someone should ask Dr. Bowen how he reconciles his belief that sugar
and salt are acceptable dietary components with their historical
use as food preservatives.

As you know aspartame another chlorocarbon was denied approval by the
FDA because; as a recent Italian study confirmed ; it was liked to an
increased risk of tumors. It was never approved by the FDA advisory
committee , the actual scientist at the FDA who recommended against
it's approval. The FDA commissioner appointed ;Don Rumsfield was in
the apparently used his influence; overruled his own scientist and
order its approval. For the FDA commissioner to ignore it,s own
experts is almost unheard of. The commissioner than left the FDA and
went to work well you know where .. That's the way good science is
subject to politics and economics. I expect you understand that fact
all to well. Thanks Vince

Richard Schultz July 8th 07 10:45 AM

SPLENDA

In misc.health.alternative bigvince wrote:
: On Jul 5, 12:35 pm, (Richard Schultz) wrote:
: In misc.health.alternative JOHN wrote:

: : "By this process chlorocarbons such as sucralose deliver chlorine directly
: : into our cells through normal metabolization. This makes them effective
: : insecticides and preservatives. Preservatives must kill anything alive to
: : prevent bacterial decomposition."

: Someone should ask Dr. Bowen how he reconciles his belief that sugar
: and salt are acceptable dietary components with their historical
: use as food preservatives.

: As you know aspartame another chlorocarbon. . .

Try again, but this time (a) answer the point that was raised and
(b) without incorrectly referring to aspartame as a "chlorocarbon" (it
isn't; it's a methyl ester of a dipeptide)

-----
Richard Schultz
-----
"You don't even have a clue about which clue you're missing."

The One True Zhen Jue July 8th 07 03:33 PM

SPLENDA

On Jul 8, 5:45 am, (Richard Schultz) wrote:
In misc.health.alternative bigvince wrote:
: On Jul 5, 12:35 pm, (Richard Schultz) wrote:
: In misc.health.alternative JOHN wrote:

: : "By this process chlorocarbons such as sucralose deliver chlorine directly
: : into our cells through normal metabolization. This makes them effective
: : insecticides and preservatives. Preservatives must kill anything alive to
: : prevent bacterial decomposition."

: Someone should ask Dr. Bowen how he reconciles his belief that sugar
: and salt are acceptable dietary components with their historical
: use as food preservatives.

: As you know aspartame another chlorocarbon. . .

Try again, but this time (a) answer the point that was raised and
(b) without incorrectly referring to aspartame as a "chlorocarbon" (it
isn't; it's a methyl ester of a dipeptide)

Credulous Vince has Aspartame confused with Splenda. Don't expect him
to understand his mistake or any other aspect of chemistry.

When will all those horrific side effects of Aspartame finally
manifest?

-----
Richard Schultz
-----
"You don't even have a clue about which clue you're missing."

john July 8th 07 05:38 PM

SPLENDA

"Richard Schultz" wrote in message
[...]

so f...ing what?

While you show off about your chemical degrees, how come you aint smart
enough to see aspartame is a poison and shouldn't be in foods?

Would that be professional ignorance?

Richard Schultz July 8th 07 05:42 PM

SPLENDA

In misc.health.alternative The One True Zhen Jue wrote:

: When will all those horrific side effects of Aspartame finally
: manifest?

If you consume enough Aspartame, the acid in your stomach will convert
enough of the methyl ester to methanol for it to be a problem. I once
calculated how much that would be (assuming that the "do not take more than
X mg/kg body weight per day" warning on the bottle was due to the possibility
of methanol poisoning) and it came out to something on the order of
tens of liters a day of Aspartame-sweetened drinks. As for me, I drink
mostly water and fruit juice.

-----
Richard Schultz
-----
"Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad."

The One True Zhen Jue July 8th 07 06:33 PM

SPLENDA

On Jul 8, 12:42 pm, (Richard Schultz) wrote:
In misc.health.alternative The One True Zhen Jue wrote:

: When will all those horrific side effects of Aspartame finally
: manifest?

If you consume enough Aspartame, the acid in your stomach will convert
enough of the methyl ester to methanol for it to be a problem. I once
calculated how much that would be (assuming that the "do not take more than
X mg/kg body weight per day" warning on the bottle was due to the possibility
of methanol poisoning) and it came out to something on the order of
tens of liters a day of Aspartame-sweetened drinks. As for me, I drink
mostly water and fruit juice.

Exactly. Its not going to be a problem unless consumed in mass
quantities....Conehead style! Splenda is even less likely to be a
problem, a person would have to consume ridiculous amounts to be
harmful, 5000+ packets a day!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splenda

Concerns have been raised about the effect of sucralose on the thymus,
an organ that is important to the immune system. A report from NICNAS
cites two studies on rats, both of which found "a significant decrease
in mean thymus weight" at a certain dose.[12] The sucralose dosages
which caused the thymus gland effects referenced in the NICNAS report
was 3000 mg/kg bw/day for 28 days. For an 80 kg (176 lb) human, this
would mean a 28-day intake of 240 grams of sucralose, which is
equivalent to more than 20,000 individual Splenda packets/day for
approximately one month. The dose required to provoke any
immunological response was 750 mg/kg bw/day,[13] or 60 grams of
sucralose per day, which is more than 5,000 Splenda packets/day (there
are 11.9 mg of sucralose in a 1g retail packet of Splenda). These and
other studies were considered by regulators before concluding that
sucralose was safe. However, because some ingested sucralose is broken
down and absorbed by the body there is concern that chronic
consumption may lead to thymus shrinkage or other side-effects.

-----
Richard Schultz
-----
"Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad."

john July 8th 07 08:54 PM

SPLENDA

"Richard Schultz" wrote in message

As for me, I drink
mostly water and fruit juice.

That says it all

Mark Probert July 9th 07 04:21 AM

SPLENDA

The One True Zhen Jue wrote:
[...]

Ten years ago, Not-A-Doctor Betty Martini claimed that aspartame would
make you blind.

Where are all those blind people?

Richard Schultz July 9th 07 05:49 AM

SPLENDA

In misc.health.alternative JOHN wrote:
:
: "Richard Schultz" wrote in message
: ...
:
: As for me, I drink mostly water and fruit juice.

: That says it all

Are you suggesting that there are healthier things to drink?

-----
Richard Schultz
-----
". . . for while he was not dumber than an ox, he was not any smarter."
-- James Thurber, _My Life and Hard Times_

john July 9th 07 06:48 AM

SPLENDA

"Richard Schultz" wrote in message
In misc.health.alternative JOHN wrote:
:
: "Richard Schultz" wrote in message
: ...
:
: As for me, I drink mostly water and fruit juice.

: That says it all

Are you suggesting that there are healthier things to drink?

in your case a nice mixture of thimerosol and aspartame, preferably injected
into your smartass

I love you pharma pimps, you go on about how OK poison is to drink then you
say you never touch it yourself.