ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   pulling at nipple (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12616)

teapot March 24th 04 08:32 PM

pulling at nipple

Ahh, moo boys latest trick: He latches on then pulls away while
maintaining a firm suction. This hurts. If I hold his head so he
can't do it he gets really annoyed.

Ideas anyone?

I so wish his dad could boob him.

teapot

Lina March 24th 04 11:08 PM

pulling at nipple

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
Ahh, moo boys latest trick: He latches on then pulls away while
maintaining a firm suction. This hurts. If I hold his head so he
can't do it he gets really annoyed.

Ideas anyone?

I so wish his dad could boob him.

I'll be paying attention to this one too...

My MIl had the greatest response to this from me...
"Get longer nipples"
teapot

nina March 24th 04 11:21 PM

pulling at nipple

"Lina" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
Ahh, moo boys latest trick: He latches on then pulls away while
maintaining a firm suction. This hurts. If I hold his head so he
can't do it he gets really annoyed.

Ideas anyone?

I so wish his dad could boob him.

I'll be paying attention to this one too...

My MIl had the greatest response to this from me...
"Get longer nipples"
teapot

The kid keeps it long enough and you will.

Cathy March 26th 04 08:12 AM

pulling at nipple

teapot wrote:
Ahh, moo boys latest trick: He latches on then pulls away while
maintaining a firm suction. This hurts. If I hold his head so he
can't do it he gets really annoyed.

Ideas anyone?

I so wish his dad could boob him.

teapot

DD did this at 7 months, to the point that I nearly quit as it starting
hurting so much (coupled with a bout of mastitis). She also popped off
sometimes after scraping her bottom teeth along the nipple. I said 'No'
firmly and unlatched her, which ****ed her off no end and ended with a
screaming heap on the floor, and a refusal to feed any more. But after a
day of this, she stopped doing it - and we continued on for another 7 1/2
months.

Good luck - I know how much it hurts.

Cathy