ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   when you have a baby (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3229)

kathy July 14th 03 01:16 AM

when you have a baby

why do they shave you when you have a baby.
they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

Marie July 14th 03 01:31 AM

when you have a baby

You don't get shaved anymore in the US to give birth. They may with
C-sections, not sure about that. But not for vaginal births.
Marie

==Daye== July 14th 03 05:46 AM

when you have a baby

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:31:15 -0400, "Marie"
wrote:

They may with
C-sections, not sure about that.

They shaved a bit of hair off me for my c-section. However, it
wasn't a complete shave. They just shaved the area that was
going to be cut.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

Linz July 14th 03 11:04 AM

when you have a baby

"Marie" wrote in message
You don't get shaved anymore in the US to give birth. They may with
C-sections, not sure about that. But not for vaginal births.
Marie

kathy wrote in message ...

Kathy's a troll.

Jenn Vandusen July 14th 03 12:58 PM

when you have a baby

can't say i've ever shaved someone before they delivered
but i have done some belly shaving before a c section.
ob rn #2

"Nina" wrote in message

"kathy" wrote in message
why do they shave you when you have a baby.
they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

They have 2 and 3 babies at a time??
I wasnt shaved, didnt know this was still common procedure.

Kurt Ullman July 14th 03 10:00 PM

when you have a baby

In article , Larry McMahan
wrote:
In misc.kids.pregnancy kathy wrote:
: why do they shave you when you have a baby.
: they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
: bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

This MUST be a troll. Can't you think of a better subject
to try with?

Well the "I want to make clothes off in front of the women doctor" and
enema threads were was already taken.. although I guess the latter was no"t a
troll.

----------------------------------
"Politics should be limited in its scope to war,
protection of property, and the occasional
precautionary beheading of a member of the ruling class."
-P.J. O'Rourke

Earle Horton July 14th 03 10:31 PM

when you have a baby

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
link.net...
In article , Larry McMahan
wrote:
In misc.kids.pregnancy kathy wrote:
: why do they shave you when you have a baby.
: they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
: bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

This MUST be a troll. Can't you think of a better subject
to try with?

Well the "I want to make clothes off in front of the women doctor" and
enema threads were was already taken.. although I guess the latter was
no"t a troll.

Well how about masturbating with a Foley? Was that a troll?

Trolls are harder to recognize in this newsgroup. I think, "Well people are
different and nurses are supposed to tolerate that, be culturally competent,
etc., etc." I wouldn't think that in some of the other news groups I
frequent. Then the nurses recognize them as trolls and jump all over
them...

Earle

Marie July 14th 03 10:44 PM

when you have a baby

wrote:

They may with
C-sections, not sure about that.

They shaved a bit of hair off me for my c-section. However, it
wasn't a complete shave. They just shaved the area that was
going to be cut.

I didn't think they'd shave all of it, but one never knows lol. I've never
had any type of surgery so am not familiar with any of the procedures!
Maire

Larry McMahan July 14th 03 10:44 PM

when you have a baby

In misc.kids.pregnancy kathy wrote:
: why do they shave you when you have a baby.
: they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
: bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

This MUST be a troll. Can't you think of a better subject
to try with?

In the first place, I have 4 kids, and my wife was not shaved
for ANY of them. This was in the US. Two were homebirths,
one birth center, and one hospital.

In the second place, twins or triplets are no more common
"in the bush" than they are "here."

Find another newsgroup to annoy,
Larry

H Schinske July 14th 03 11:19 PM

when you have a baby

wrote:

One midwife told me that you didn't want to shave too low because
the lower you shave, the lower they cut. That is scary.

Yeah, I prefer doctors who, if they're going to cut you, actually cut based on
their knowledge of anatomy :-)

--Helen