ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Zealand: Nought to Five (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=44372)

LoopyNZ August 22nd 06 11:12 PM

New Zealand: Nought to Five

I only know of one other NZ contributor to this newsgroup (Amy), but in
case there are other readers, there's a good new parenting show on at
the moment called Nought to Five
(http://www.sparc.org.nz/education/nought-to-five)

It's on at 2:30 in the afternoons - i.e. very low profile :( - but it's
pushing a couple of pleasantly unexpected things, including exclusive BF
until 6 months, BF "into the second year" (which isn't exactly the same
"up to two years"), and bed-sharing with BF babies.

...oo00OO LoopyNZ OO00oo..

Mum of Two August 23rd 06 12:25 AM

New Zealand: Nought to Five

"LoopyNZ" wrote in message
I only know of one other NZ contributor to this newsgroup (Amy), but in
case there are other readers, there's a good new parenting show on at the
moment called Nought to Five
(http://www.sparc.org.nz/education/nought-to-five)

It's on at 2:30 in the afternoons - i.e. very low profile :( - but it's
pushing a couple of pleasantly unexpected things, including exclusive BF
until 6 months, BF "into the second year" (which isn't exactly the same
"up to two years"), and bed-sharing with BF babies.

Oh, thanks! Someone had mentioned this, and I haven't had a chance to see
it, so I'm pleased it's positive towards breastfeeding (if you've seen some
of the NZ messageboards, you'll know that we don't have a very
pro-breastfeeding culture).
What channel?

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

LoopyNZ August 23rd 06 02:08 AM

New Zealand: Nought to Five

Mum of Two wrote:
Oh, thanks! Someone had mentioned this, and I haven't had a chance to see
it, so I'm pleased it's positive towards breastfeeding (if you've seen some
of the NZ messageboards, you'll know that we don't have a very
pro-breastfeeding culture).
What channel?

TV2. It's covering different ages each day - Monday was newborns,
Tuesday around 4 months, and today moving/crawling babies.

Maggie August 24th 06 08:56 AM

New Zealand: Nought to Five

LoopyNZ spake thusly
Mum of Two wrote:
Oh, thanks! Someone had mentioned this, and I haven't had a chance to
see it, so I'm pleased it's positive towards breastfeeding (if you've
seen some of the NZ messageboards, you'll know that we don't have a
very pro-breastfeeding culture).
What channel?

TV2. It's covering different ages each day - Monday was newborns,
Tuesday around 4 months, and today moving/crawling babies.

I forgot about it on Monday, but have been videoing it since then. I
think it's only on for two weeks..?
--
Maggie