ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Evening Primrose Oil Use? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=65466)

Kat January 27th 09 05:47 PM

Evening Primrose Oil Use?

So, I'm now at around 38.5 weeks. I picked up a bottle of this evening
primrose oil. The bottle says they're "softgels" and are 500mg. After
reading the bottle, it says nothing about use, other than for adults to take
4-6 softgels daily.
I haven't opened the bottle yet. I just wanted to make sure I picked up the
right stuff before I opened it as I can return/exchange it if it's unopened.
I know they're capsules of some sort...

I've been reading that you can eat them (swallow them) or you can (as
someone said) put them 'up there'.
So... a few sites say you can put them 'up there' - does that just mean I
shove one up??? I'm just wondering how this stuff is generally used towards
the end of pregnancy.