ParentingBanter.com

-   Child Support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   MAINE: State employee charged with stealing child support payments (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=51646)

[email protected] June 4th 07 07:58 PM

MAINE: State employee charged with stealing child support payments

Perhaps if the states we're OK with welfare marms, this wouldn't occur
with the frequency it does...I guess they figure if they're stealing
money from us...I get the idea the child support worker is on child
support, too.

http://knox.villagesoup.com/Governme...?StoryID=93937

State employee charged with stealing child support payments

By Kristin Saunders
VillageSoup/Knox County Times Reporter
ROCKLAND (June 4): A Maine Department of Health and Human Services
employee was charged with theft and forgery on Friday for stealing
child support payments.

Rockland police charged Jill Cunningham, 34, of Fairfield with felony
theft and aggravated forgery for stealing the child support payments,
according to Deputy Police Chief Wally Tower.

Cunningham served as a DHHS support enforcement staff member,
according to Tower. The DHHS thefts were reported out of the
department's Rockland office on Camden Street when $2,500 in child
support payments were deposited into an employee's personal account.

The investigation was conducted by Rockland Police Detective Russell
Thompson.

Werebat June 4th 07 10:15 PM

MAINE: State employee charged with stealing child support payments

Nice try, but this was a WOMAN! She can't be blamed for her actions...
Probably some nearby MAN put her up to it and MADE her do it! It's
HIM that should be punished!

- Ron ^*^