ParentingBanter.com

-   Child Support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's wrong with this? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21604)

Bob August 11th 04 01:44 AM

What's wrong with this?

So I decided T would not take my ex-wife's **** anymore and just moved out
of the State. I didn't show up at the Contempt Hearing for not paying
support and now I have a bench warrant out for me in that state. As long as
I don't go back in the state nothing can happen to me. As for my kids, she
wouldn't let me see them anyway so what's the difference.

Anyway what's the big deal about a bench warrant?

Bob Whiteside August 11th 04 03:30 AM

What's wrong with this?

"Bob" wrote in message
So I decided T would not take my ex-wife's **** anymore and just moved out
of the State. I didn't show up at the Contempt Hearing for not paying
support and now I have a bench warrant out for me in that state. As long

as
I don't go back in the state nothing can happen to me. As for my kids,

she
wouldn't let me see them anyway so what's the difference.

Anyway what's the big deal about a bench warrant?

Full faith and credit application of legal processes under the U.S.
Constitution between the states. What one state orders another state will
implement. If you get stopped for a traffic violation, you will be arrested
on the warrant and extradited to the proper state for prosecution.

frankjones August 11th 04 04:05 AM

You should pay up.

Pay it off. If you don't, the system is designed to financially pursue you
until the balance is zero.

IOW - people with zero balances don't have **** thrust upon them - just a
thought

short August 11th 04 01:54 PM

What's wrong with this?

"Bob" wrote in message
So I decided T would not take my ex-wife's **** anymore and just moved out
of the State. I didn't show up at the Contempt Hearing for not paying
support and now I have a bench warrant out for me in that state. As long

as
I don't go back in the state nothing can happen to me. As for my kids,

she
wouldn't let me see them anyway so what's the difference.

Anyway what's the big deal about a bench warrant?

Listen to Whiteside, and don't speed, run stoplights, or drive with a broken
taillight. If you get pulled over, you're screwed.

Bench warrants just mean they're not actively looking for you, but if they
see you they will still grab ya.

short - happy jailtime!

Dusty December 20th 04 03:37 AM

"frankjones" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Pay it off. If you don't, the system is designed to financially pursue you
until the balance is zero.

IOW - people with zero balances don't have **** thrust upon them - just a
thought

And then again, those of us that don't "play" in the system haven't a damned
thing to worry about.

It's so easy to dodge the big guns, when you fly a single seater.