ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Suggestions for books on CD (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=51503)

[email protected] May 29th 07 08:49 PM

Suggestions for books on CD

Any suggestions for audio books (on CD) for a 4 year old girl? I need
to pick up a few for a road trip. I'll ask the librarian but if you
have any favourite ones your kids liked, I'd like to check them out.

Thanks.

Donna Metler May 29th 07 09:39 PM

Suggestions for books on CD

My daughter loves pretty much anything she likes having read out loud. The
favorite on our last trip was a CD of "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel
Silverstein. Paddington Bear is another family favorite.

Jeff May 29th 07 10:40 PM

Suggestions for books on CD

wrote:
Any suggestions for audio books (on CD) for a 4 year old girl? I need
to pick up a few for a road trip. I'll ask the librarian but if you
have any favourite ones your kids liked, I'd like to check them out.

Thanks.

For future reference: When my cousin was older, he really liked the
Harry Potter books. These may not be appropriate for a four-year old,
though.

Jeff

Anne Rogers[_2_] May 30th 07 01:52 AM

Suggestions for books on CD

I'd be more inclined to get something that was a mix of music and short
stories.

If you can figure out how to record from the internet and burn it on to CD,
CBeebies Radio on BBC7 is fantastic.

Anne

[email protected] May 30th 07 06:23 AM

Suggestions for books on CD

On May 30, 12:49 am, wrote:
Any suggestions for audio books (on CD) for a 4 year old girl? I need
to pick up a few for a road trip. I'll ask the librarian but if you
have any favourite ones your kids liked, I'd like to check them out.

Thanks.

children love feeble stories .

Welches May 30th 07 10:40 AM

Suggestions for books on CD

wrote in message
oups.com...
Any suggestions for audio books (on CD) for a 4 year old girl? I need
to pick up a few for a road trip. I'll ask the librarian but if you
have any favourite ones your kids liked, I'd like to check them out.

Thanks.

At 4 #1 loved Famous Five and Secret Seven. She's listen to them all the way
through any road trip. You can get the dramatised ones (about 30-40 minutes
long) or the ones that are just read (about 2-3hours). She didn't mind which
one she had, although she had an older friend (6yo) who much prefered the
dramatised ones.
Debbie

[email protected] May 30th 07 02:46 PM

Suggestions for books on CD

On May 29, 3:39 pm, "Donna Metler" wrote:
My daughter loves pretty much anything she likes having read out loud. The
favorite on our last trip was a CD of "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel
Silverstein. Paddington Bear is another family favorite.

Thanks everyone for suggestions. Yesterday I went to the library to
pick up a few books for me, and in the sale shelf I saw Where the
sidewalk ends book (not the CD, just the book) for 75 cents. I bought
it. It's beautiful. I never heard about it until you suggested. I read
some poems to kids and they liked them. I'll check out the CD as well.