ParentingBanter.com

-   General (moderated) (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Toddler keeps pulling bandaid off (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22552)

Stuart Cracraft September 10th 04 01:01 PM

Toddler keeps pulling bandaid off

Hi -- I have a 19 month old who keeps pulling off the
bandage just under her chin but not on the neck.

Besides distracting her or using mittens, are there any
other methods I can use?

Thanks,

Stuart

Robyn Kozierok September 15th 04 01:08 AM

(Stuart Cracraft) wrote in message . com...
Hi -- I have a 19 month old who keeps pulling off the
bandage just under her chin but not on the neck.

Besides distracting her or using mittens, are there any
other methods I can use?

I'm probably too too late to help the OP, but how about the liquid
bandage type stuff that you can just paint onto a cut? Or using a
character bandage that she likes (though I'm guessing that she is not
picking at it because she doesn't like it, but because it feels
uncomfortable to her).

My first choice would be to just leave it off unless she absolutely
still needs to have it on ;-)

--Robyn

Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang October 4th 04 11:14 PM

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote in message
om...
(Stuart Cracraft) wrote in message

. com...
Hi -- I have a 19 month old who keeps pulling off the
bandage just under her chin but not on the neck.

Besides distracting her or using mittens, are there any
other methods I can use?

I'm probably too too late to help the OP, but how about the liquid
bandage type stuff that you can just paint onto a cut? Or using a
character bandage that she likes (though I'm guessing that she is not
picking at it because she doesn't like it, but because it feels
uncomfortable to her).

The liquid bandaid we got has alcohol in it and it STUNG a lot when first
applied. DD (6 years old) cried the first and only time we tried it. I
also tried it and it really stung - I wouldn't put it on anyone.

Mary Gordon October 11th 04 06:33 PM

I agree, we tried the liquid bandaid thing and holy cow, that stuff
really HURTS. My 10 year old has really dry skin, particularly in the
summer, and he gets splits in his skin on his toes or the balls of his
feet sometimes if we don't keep on him with the moisturizer. Bandaids
don't work because they aren't comfortable on his feet (as we all know
if we try and bandaid a toe and then walk around with shoes on - not
very comfy).. We were just trying to keep dirt out of the splits, but
ai, yi, yi. Never again with the liquid bandaid.

Like you, I tried it on myself, and just about went through the roof
from the stinging. It also smelled like nail polish. Never mind that
action.

Are there any brands of the stuff that don't cause that kind of
stinging pain?

Mary G.

Robyn Kozierok October 12th 04 02:09 AM

In article ,
Mary Gordon wrote:

Are there any brands of the stuff that don't cause that kind of
stinging pain?

I'll have to check what kind we have at home. I don't remember it
hurting when I used it, but that was a pretty long time ago.

--Robyn

Nick Theodorakis October 12th 04 11:11 AM

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:09:51 EDT, (Robyn
Kozierok) wrote:

In article ,
Mary Gordon wrote:

Are there any brands of the stuff that don't cause that kind of
stinging pain?

I'll have to check what kind we have at home. I don't remember it
hurting when I used it, but that was a pretty long time ago.

The BAND-AID(R) brand of liquid bandage claims they have a "no-sting"
formula; see:

http://www.bandaid.com/liquid_faq.shtml

for example, but I have no experience with this or any other brand of
cyanoacrylate wound dressings (although I am intrigued by their
skin-crack gel, since my hands ar proen to dry cracking).

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis

contact form: