ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   September due dates 09/04 (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12907)

Mary S. August 7th 04 02:53 PM

September due dates 09/04

How are all the almost-almost-theres? :) Knee-deep in childbirth
classes? Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?
Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them. Any belly hiccups? Those are the best. How's life
generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

Vicki S August 8th 04 04:50 AM

September due dates 09/04

"Mary S." wrote:
How are all the almost-almost-theres? :)

Really IMPATIENT. And huge, too. I look perfectly bizarre. :)

Knee-deep in childbirth classes?

Not a one. This is baby #3. We didn't bother last time and we sure
weren't going to bother this time. It didn't even cross my mind,
actually. I learned almost nothing from the class I took with the
first pregnancy. That might have influenced my thinking. I haven't
read any books this time, either.

Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

I've been waking up a ton at night for what feels like months now.
Actually, I really ought to go to bed soon!

Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them.

Mmm. That's not a bad idea. We've taken plenty of still pictures but
no video.

Any belly hiccups? Those are the best. How's life
generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

I'm getting hiccups but, truthfully, I don't enjoy feeling movement.
Most of it is uncomfortable and some of it really hurts. Sheesh but I
am tired of being pregnant. I am now 36 weeks and SICK of being
pregnant. I think I've been pregnant for years. I deeply wanted this
baby, but I've found myself envying Perdita (the mama dog) in 101
Dalmations. To be pregnant for only 10 weeks! And then have all the
kids you could ever want, all at once!

My kids have been watching a LOT of movies lately, for which I feel
rather guilty. But I'm too tired for all our regular outings. My 4.5
year old has only 2 swim lessons left and I will be so grateful when
they are over.

I want to have this baby halfway through my 37th week, while my
midwife is in town. (Her backup is just fine, but it's not the same.)
It's either that or cross my legs for a week and wait for her to come
back from another vacation. I knew this would happen when I chose
her, but she was there for my other two births and, well, it feels a
little different now that the time is more at hand.

I was certain for months that I was having a boy, but I'm much less
certain now. It won't be long till I know for sure, though!
Hopefully we'll get everything ready/prepared beforethe birth -
including choosing a name. I think we'll do a bit of shopping
tomorrow.

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/16/99;

ted August 9th 04 03:00 PM

September due dates 09/04

"Mary S." wrote in message ...
How are all the almost-almost-theres? :) Knee-deep in childbirth
classes? Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?
Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them. Any belly hiccups? Those are the best. How's life
generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

I have much more energy now than I had a month ago. That's weird. We
went shopping yesterday to five different stores, which I haven't done
in almost a year! Couple of weeks ago we cleaned up the house, got rid
of lot of junk. I thought that was "nesting" but turns out it's not :)
At work everybody who sees me says "Oh! you're still here!" That's not
funny after the first ten times.

Weekly internal exams! Ouch!!

Thanks for Asking!

Ericka Kammerer August 9th 04 03:23 PM

September due dates 09/04

ted wrote:

Weekly internal exams! Ouch!!

Egads, why?!

Best wishes,
Ericka

Kaybee August 9th 04 06:00 PM

September due dates 09/04

you get the weekly internal exams to check on your progress that you may or
may not have.

But try to remember that one day you could be at 2cm the next time it goes
down to 1. my doctor told me that it all depends on the size of the hands
that check you. also it is possible for your cervix to retract. Rare but
possible.

Good luck with your exams
Kay
mommy to Eva 9/2002
one on way 1/2005

Ericka Kammerer August 9th 04 09:26 PM

September due dates 09/04

Kaybee wrote:

you get the weekly internal exams to check on your progress that you may or
may not have.

But try to remember that one day you could be at 2cm the next time it goes
down to 1. my doctor told me that it all depends on the size of the hands
that check you. also it is possible for your cervix to retract. Rare but
possible.

Doing routine vaginal exams at the end of pregnancy
is completely and utterly useless. There is no clinical
value and it increases the risk of infection or accidental
rupture of membranes. So, if it hurts, why the heck allow it?
I never had any internal exams before labor in my first two
pregnancies, and by George, I still went into labor? ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Elric August 10th 04 10:12 PM

September due dates 09/04

34 weeks, and I still feel pretty okay. Walking a lot at night, hiding
from the sun and heat with lots of fans and watermelon during the day.

It's my first pregnancy, and I just love my midwife. She's more
interested in my mental/emotional state than my physical state, and
yeah, if I was having that many internal exams at this point, I'd
whack somebody. I've had two throughout the whole pregnancy, and
that's enough.

The movement in general is okay, although I liked it better when it
wasn't so rib focused. I HATE the hiccups. I don't know why, I know it
doesn't hurt the baby, I just *don't* like them. In general my kid is
more of a roll/twist kid than a punch/kick kid, so maybe I'm just not
used to this kind of movement.

Oh - and I had the world's crappiest baby shower. Some people gave me
gifts like there wasn't even a baby. I mean, what baby needs a cat
calendar or a ceramic planter? No receiving blankets or burp cloths,
almost nothing I registered for. Tons of clothing I'll barely use
(it'll all be too small way too soon), and that's about it. Now the
grandparents on both sides are feeling guilty, so it could all work
out in the end. Still, I keep telling my husband, the kid doesn't want
lots of toys, a swing, or a pacifier. What the kid really wants is
attention! Lots of attention!

Also, lucky for the kid I already have a HUGE baby-safe stuffed animal
collection. They many not beep or squeak or vibrate, but they're cute.

The saddest part of the whole baby shower fiasco is that my husband is
so paranoid about money now. We both want me to be a stay at home mom,
and I'm sure everything will work out. From what I hear, babies don't
really need that much.

Good luck to all of you!

Heather
due 9/20/04, and I have no idea if it's a boy or a girl...

Carlye August 10th 04 11:30 PM

September due dates 09/04

"Mary S." wrote in message ...
How are all the almost-almost-theres? :) Knee-deep in childbirth
classes?

No, actually... We went to the first of three sessions, and decided
not to go back. I have read sooo many books, magazines, articles, etc
on childbirth that she didn't really offer much "new" news, and the
class gets us home past 10 p.m. at night (Ugh). But mostly, it was
because the most beneficial part of the class (in my opinion, at
least), the Lamaze instruction, gave my DH continual excuses to try
and crack me up. The twit had me unable to control my laughter on
several occassions. I think after our repeated interruptions of
"cleansing breaths," the instructor wasn't too sorry to see us go...
I was so embarrassed. At least my doula can instruct us on most of
the breathing techniques!

Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

Ohmygoodness, YES. I never knew sleep could be so difficult.
Bathroom visits on the hour, every hour, and waking up uncomfortable
about every half hour. I cannot believe there are 7 more weeks of
this for me!

Any belly hiccups? Those are the best.

I am experiencing pelvic hiccups. When my baby gets the hiccups, her
head seems to bounce down and hit me in the pelvis, cervix, or
something else down around there. All I know is, it makes for a
rather odd (and, lets face it, not comfortable) sensation.

How's life generally treating you these days?

Well, I had my 33 week appointment yesterday. I was glad. It had
been 5 weeks since my last one, and so much had changed I was very
eager to see my doc and know everything was okay. He had me feel the
baby's head with my hands (it's SO BIG!) which was a first for me. :)
I was disappointed that he didn't want to see me again for 3 weeks --
I was really hoping to move up to every two weeks by now, but he said
there was no need. I'm glad he doesn't see anything wrong, but then
again, I like the reassurance of appointments -- I wouldn't mind more
frequent ones. I am beginning to wonder whether he is planning to
miss my birth, though. Two months ago, he said he wanted me to see a
3rd year resident in addition to him, "just in case" he couldn't make
it to the birth (which is odd, since there is always that chance).
Now, all I've seen is the resident, and my doc just kind of comes in,
gives my belly a squeeze or two, and leaves. I asked if he was
planning to be available for the birth (for heaven's sake, I have him
listed -all over- my preregistration forms) and he said, "Well
hopefully, but if not, Matt (the resident) can take care of you."
Matt is a nice enough person, but although I may be my doctor's only
current OB patient, I think I am Dr. Matt's -first- OB patient. He is
incredibly nervous and doesn't understand a lot of my questions
(including the pretty common terminology I use). Although he is nice,
I just don't -like- him. Oh well.

Mary S. August 13th 04 02:24 AM

September due dates 09/04

How are all the almost-almost-theres?

Doing well, Mary, thanks for asking. :) I'm 33 weeks and getting very
excited. It's really happening! Wheeee!

Knee-deep in childbirth classes?

No classes this time around -- the euphoria of self-confidence is still
floating me strongly down the river of denial. :) My midwife said that
most of their second-timers don't bother with classes.

Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

The peeing a zillion times a night thing hasn't kicked in yet, although
I do wake up at funky times, like very early in the morning. 5am seems
to be my new internal wake-up time. No linea nigra, no stretch marks,
my bellybutton is darker and just starting to pop. Popping already!
Doesn't that mean I'm done??

Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them. Any belly hiccups? Those are the best.

I haven't had many hiccups this time around -- I had TONS the first
time. The movements -- rolling around under the skin, lots of limbs
poking out everywhere -- are great, though!

How's life
generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

Enough mushy sentimental gushings from me lately. :P

Mary S.

Mary S. August 13th 04 02:28 AM

September due dates 09/04

I was certain for months that I was having a boy, but I'm much less
certain now. It won't be long till I know for sure, though!
Hopefully we'll get everything ready/prepared beforethe birth -
including choosing a name. I think we'll do a bit of shopping
tomorrow.

You sound like you're ready. :) Lots of baby vibes for the 37th week
coming your way!

I'm still having strong girl feelings for myself, but I have no idea how
to tell the difference between Feelings and plain old hopes, so I keep
trying not to get too excited about the idea. A boy would be nice, too,
although we have plenty of those in the family already. How funny that
you were having a feeling one way and now you're feeling the other!
Good luck with the name game!

Mary S.