ParentingBanter.com

-   Single Parents (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Back or belly? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17950)

Bebe lestrnge March 4th 04 07:17 PM

Back or belly?

We have an issue going on about Jaime being put down to sleep ........ I
myself had always layed my kids on thier belly, they did sleep better.
Mari says she heard/read that sudden infant death is linked to this?

lm March 4th 04 07:28 PM

Back or belly?

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:17:16 -0500 (EST), (Bebe
lestrnge) wrote:

We have an issue going on about Jaime being put down to sleep ........ I
myself had always layed my kids on thier belly, they did sleep better.
Mari says she heard/read that sudden infant death is linked to this?

Backs are better.
http://www.sids.org/nprevent.htm

lm

Bebe lestrnge March 4th 04 07:57 PM

Back or belly?

Back or belly?

Group: alt.support.single-parents Date: Thu, Mar 4, 2004, 7:28pm (EST+5)
From: (lm)

lestrnge) wrote:

Bev wrote:
We have an issue going on about Jaime being put down to sleep ........ I
myself had always layed my kids on their belly, they did sleep better.

lm wrote:
Backs are better.
http://www.sids.org/nprevent.htm
lm

Bev wrote:
Thanks for the link ! So far I have learned that the crib bumpers must
go, and yeah back is better , I never knew there was even more of a risk
if the baby is born of a teenage mom ........ I still can't seem to
grasp why sleeping on the belly or side could stop a baby from breathing
? Think I'll dive deeper into that link.......Thanks again! Bev

Tiffany March 4th 04 10:16 PM

Back or belly?

From: (lm)

Bev wrote:
Thanks for the link ! So far I have learned that the crib bumpers must
go, and yeah back is better , I never knew there was even more of a risk
if the baby is born of a teenage mom ........ I still can't seem to
grasp why sleeping on the belly or side could stop a baby from breathing
? Think I'll dive deeper into that link.......Thanks again! Bev

When I had my daughter and there were all these new things.... my mother
said that she doesn't know how the hell she managed to raise 3 kids! It was
pretty stressful for her at first. Then we just stopped listening to the
experts and just had fun. :)

V March 4th 04 10:16 PM

Back or belly?

lestrnge) wrote:

We have an issue going on about Jaime being put down to sleep ........ I
myself had always layed my kids on thier belly, they did sleep better.
Mari says she heard/read that sudden infant death is linked to this?

Backs are better.
http://www.sids.org/nprevent.htm

lm

But i heard they can choke, especially if they have reflux or spit up alot.

lm March 4th 04 10:33 PM

Back or belly?

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:16:49 GMT, "V" wrote:

.. .
lestrnge) wrote:

We have an issue going on about Jaime being put down to sleep ........ I
myself had always layed my kids on thier belly, they did sleep better.
Mari says she heard/read that sudden infant death is linked to this?

Backs are better.
http://www.sids.org/nprevent.htm

lm

But i heard they can choke, especially if they have reflux or spit up alot.

My son had reflux and he slept on a wedge. No problem.

lm

Bebe lestrnge March 5th 04 02:16 AM

Back or belly?

Back or belly?

Group: alt.support.single-parents Date: Thu, Mar 4, 2004, 5:16pm From:
(Tiffany)

zippity snip heh :)

T wrote:
When I had my daughter and there were all these new things.... my mother
said that she doesn't know how the hell she managed to raise 3 kids! It
was pretty stressful for her at first. Then we just stopped listening to
the experts and just had fun. :)

Bev wrote:
Hey ! that is exactly what my mom said,
" I raised five of ya and ya all slept on your belly..........and ya
lived" LOL!!!!

Bebe lestrnge March 5th 04 02:20 AM

Back or belly?

Back or belly?

Group: alt.support.single-parents Date: Thu, Mar 4, 2004, 10:16pm
(EST+5) From: (V)

snip

V wrote:
But i heard they can choke, especially if they have reflux or spit up
alot. V

Bev wrote:
That was kinda what I feared with my two, the choking on their back ?

V March 5th 04 05:37 PM

Back or belly?

Bev wrote:
That was kinda what I feared with my two, the choking on their back ?

my son had to sleep in a car seat for a bit when his reflux was out of
control.
But like lm, I had a wedge and it also worked wonderfully to put under the
crib mattress to elevate him.

Joelle March 7th 04 10:15 PM

Back or belly?

Oh geesh - I can date my babies by them not being able to make up their minds
about this.

When my son was born, you were supposed to put them on their tummys. but
between his sore belly button and his circumsicion, he was not happy on his
tummy so I let him sleep on his back.

Then when Sarah was born, they were supposed to be on their sides. So I put
her on her side and she would roll over on her tummy.

Now they are supposed to be on their backs. Forgive me if I express a little
skepticism about the whole deal. Frankly, I had babies that slept so little,
whatever position they wanted to sleep in, they slept in.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle