ParentingBanter.com

-   Child Support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fathers the key to child behavior (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20755)

Editor -- Child Support News May 27th 04 02:44 AM

Fathers the key to child behavior

He was apaprently good enough for you to have had sex with, wasn't he?

"Joy" wrote in message

What about those kids whose fathers didn't pay attention to them *before*
the divorce?

Tiffany May 27th 04 02:50 AM

Fathers the key to child behavior

That is an ancient argument. If that were the case, everyone could say to
those paying tons of support to greedy women that THEY asked for is also as
they had sex with the greedy women.

"Editor -- Child Support News" wrote in
message ...

OJ May 27th 04 03:50 AM

Fathers the key to child behavior

They would probably have the same behavioral problems as those children
whose *mother's* did not pay attention to them *before* the divorce!
"Joy" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in message
Tuesday, 25th May 2004
Fathers the key to child behavior

Children who have contact with their fathers following a family break-up
suffer fewer behavioral problems, academics said today.

Youngsters who have a close relationship with their natural father after
their parents split up are likely to be less disorderly, anxious or
aggressive.

OJ May 27th 04 03:50 AM

Fathers the key to child behavior

They would probably have the same behavioral problems as those children
whose *mother's* did not pay attention to them *before* the divorce!
"Joy" wrote in message

Tuesday, 25th May 2004

OJ May 27th 04 03:50 AM

Fathers the key to child behavior

They would probably have the same behavioral problems as those children
whose *mother's* did not pay attention to them *before* the divorce!
"Joy" wrote in message

Tuesday, 25th May 2004

Bill in Co. May 27th 04 05:39 AM

Fathers the key to child behavior

Bob Whiteside wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
Geez, just noticed the cross post on my earlier response. Before anybody
gets all up in arms at the idea that I'd ask about kids whose fathers are
less than sterling, I'd like to point out that this was intended as a
legitimate question (which would have been understood in the one group on
this distribution list that I normally post to). There seem to be a lot

of
studies on the negative effect on kids of having less contact with a

parent
after a divorce - but this always seems to refer to kids who actually had

significant relationship with both parents before the divorce. My "What
about those kids whose fathers didn't pay attention to them *before* the
divorce?" question was referring to those kids who, well, didn't have a
significant relationship with both parents before the divorce. I don't
think I've ever seen a study on the effect of divorce on those kids, and
wondered if there are any such studies.

There is tons of research on mothers of children who didn't have a
significant relationship with their children (or the child's father)

before
the mothers were forced to give up the children. The fact a child's

parents
were married or not married has nothing to do with parental involvement

pre
or post divorce. The real issue is the number of children who are growing
up without fathers in their lives.

No, the *REAL issue* is the number of children who are growing up without
mothers or fathers in their life. The loss of EITHER is critical.