ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Poorly, do i need advice? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=64404)

lu-lu June 8th 08 12:03 PM

Poorly, do i need advice?

Hi all

I went to a 50th birthday party yesterday. The food was a cold buffet
(finger food). Today I can't stop being sick, and have bad diarrhoea - it's
taken me this long just to get out of the besroom/bathroom to write this
post. I'm 14w4d, if it's food poisoning, do I need to contact my ante-natal
care providers? Don't want to seem paranoid, but I feel so ill.

Lucy

MarieD[_2_] June 8th 08 04:02 PM

Poorly, do i need advice?

"lu-lu" wrote in message
Hi all

I went to a 50th birthday party yesterday. The food was a cold buffet
(finger food). Today I can't stop being sick, and have bad diarrhoea -
it's
taken me this long just to get out of the besroom/bathroom to write this
post. I'm 14w4d, if it's food poisoning, do I need to contact my
ante-natal
care providers? Don't want to seem paranoid, but I feel so ill.

I wouldn't unless it continues for more than two days. I've had food
poisoning before when pregnant but it just lasted a day. The biggest risk is
usually dehydration so I'd make sure I drank alot more than normal.
Marie

Welches June 8th 08 07:47 PM

Poorly, do i need advice?

"MarieD" wrote in message ...
"lu-lu" wrote in message
Hi all

I went to a 50th birthday party yesterday. The food was a cold buffet
(finger food). Today I can't stop being sick, and have bad diarrhoea -
it's
taken me this long just to get out of the besroom/bathroom to write this
post. I'm 14w4d, if it's food poisoning, do I need to contact my
ante-natal
care providers? Don't want to seem paranoid, but I feel so ill.

I wouldn't unless it continues for more than two days. I've had food
poisoning before when pregnant but it just lasted a day. The biggest risk
is usually dehydration so I'd make sure I drank alot more than normal.
Marie

What did you eat which could have given you food poisoning? eg. cold rice
salad?
If you're still bad tomorrow then I'd get a checked-it won't do any harm.
Debbie