ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   no bf in 4-5 days, maybe weaning (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=54946)

Marie August 27th 07 03:32 AM

no bf in 4-5 days, maybe weaning

My daughter will be 5 in October and has not nursed in about 4 days
now. Maybe it's 5 days, I didn't start keeping count til it was too
late to remember which day it was. She has only nursed at bedtime for
a few minutes for the past year.
I haven't particularly enjoyed bf with this child but I knew it was
best, especially w/ a high needs child, to let her wean herself, and
it looks like that's finally what is happening! In the past few months
she's spent the night a few times with my SIL who has a 5 year old
daughter(June was her first night away from home!) and spent the
night with my MIL so it hasn't even been an issue to miss a night here
and there, but this is the longest she's gone so many nights in an row
with just rocking with me and not nursing at all.
Marie

Mum of Two August 27th 07 01:08 PM

"Marie" wrote in message
My daughter will be 5 in October and has not nursed in about 4 days
now. Maybe it's 5 days, I didn't start keeping count til it was too
late to remember which day it was. She has only nursed at bedtime for
a few minutes for the past year.
I haven't particularly enjoyed bf with this child but I knew it was
best, especially w/ a high needs child, to let her wean herself, and
it looks like that's finally what is happening! In the past few months
she's spent the night a few times with my SIL who has a 5 year old
daughter(June was her first night away from home!) and spent the
night with my MIL so it hasn't even been an issue to miss a night here
and there, but this is the longest she's gone so many nights in an row
with just rocking with me and not nursing at all.

Congratulations on nursing so long and weaning so gently! :) I think this
will be me & miss 3 by the end of the year.

Amy

Irrational Number August 27th 07 03:53 PM

Marie wrote:

My daughter will be 5 in October and has not nursed in about 4 days
now. Maybe it's 5 days,

You've done a great job with her!!!

-- Anita --

betsy August 27th 07 06:12 PM

On Aug 26, 7:32 pm, Marie wrote:
My daughter will be 5 in October and has not nursed in about 4 days
now. Maybe it's 5 days, I didn't start keeping count til it was too
late to remember which day it was. She has only nursed at bedtime for
a few minutes for the past year.

Great job! I'm glad it seems to be ending so peacefully. She may or
may not be completely done. With my kids we had quite a number of
times where they went that long, then asked again.

--Betsy