ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   AF (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=35058)

A&G&K&H October 18th 05 07:30 AM

AF

The actual thing and not the newsgroup ;)........

Just curious to see if this could be "normal" .. details (not too graphic
but still not to savoury) follow.

I have had the marina IUD for just over a year now and have had AF twice
(dunno if the lack of AF is mirena related or bf related though).
Starting at about 9-10 mo pp, I got 2 weeks of spotting and then nothing
until this past weekend.
First signs (seen in retrospect) ...
1. decreased milk production for the past 2 weeks (that happened every month
with K when AF came back at 4 mo pp and I didn't have the mirena), its back
to normal now
2. weight gain of 0.5 kg 2 days before (Saturday ...which just happened to
be WW weigh-in day :( which is back to normal now.
3. .... and the thing I'm wondering about.... before I realised that I was
getting AF, I spent Sunday night with mild stomach cramps and thought I had
gastro as I vomited a couple of times .... but it did occur to me that It
felt more like a morning sickness spew rather than a gastro spew IYKWIM.
I felt fine on Monday but took it easy .... then I noticed the spotting
around lunch time and it all started making sense....
Nobody else in the house has come down with vomiting .....so .... I'm
thinking that the vomiting was to do with AF....
Does that sound right?
Anybody else get nauseous / vomit with AF?

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Cheryl October 18th 05 08:20 AM

AF

A&G&K&H wrote:
[...]

Since #2 I've been much more sensitive to progesterone and have nausea
every month about 3 days before my period starts. It's one reason I'm
not on hormonal birth control anymore, and it's also why I didn't
believe I was pregnant the last two times until after the +ve HPT - the
nausea just didn't go away. On the plus side though it means I know
when to buy tampons etc, and it also never gets worse than that mild
hungover-type nausea.

Cheryl

Mum of Two October 18th 05 09:45 AM

AF

Does that sound right?
Anybody else get nauseous / vomit with AF?

Ever since DD's birth, I've noticed nausea before AF. It does feel like
morning sickness, but I've never got to the point of throwing up. If that
happened, I'd be a little concerned.
If it was me, and I was spotting _and_ throwing up, I'd be seriously
concerned, especially if it didn't go away. But then I don't have an IUD.
Isn't the mirena hormonal as well? If that's the case, then shouldn't you
not get a proper menstrual period, just breakthrough bleeding as with the
pill?
If the mirena should stop you getting a proper AF - and I don't know if it
does - I'm picking one of these as responsible, in order of likelihood:
1. Food poisoning or other gastro bug
2. IUD not protecting you from getting a proper AF as it should
and least likely but not impossible, 3. IUD faliure...

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

eggs October 18th 05 12:18 PM

AF

I've never had an IUD, but it's not unusual for me to have cramping and
nausea they day before AF. I rarely puke, but it has happened before,
so I'd say it was within the range of normalacy.

eggs.

JennP October 18th 05 01:34 PM

AF

"A&G&K&H" wrote in message
The actual thing and not the newsgroup ;)........

I still always think of the ng when I see or use that acronym. Didn't know
you posted there.

JennP.

Jess October 19th 05 01:24 AM

AF

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
Isn't the mirena hormonal as well? If that's the case, then shouldn't you
not get a proper menstrual period, just breakthrough bleeding as with the
pill?

Depends on how you react. I had one cycle, and then nothing. :)

Jess

A&G&K&H October 19th 05 05:48 AM

AF

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
[...]

The mirena can differ between women, but typically AF is lighter, and has
been known to go away altogether, so I think its fine.
The vomiting was to do with the onset of AF ... I'm almost certain now after
reading a few other stories.
I felt fine before and after like with morning sickenss (with me anyway)
rather than the awful headache and lethargy that go with gastro.
thanks
Amanda

A&G&K&H October 19th 05 05:51 AM

AF

"JennP" wrote in message

"A&G&K&H" wrote in message
The actual thing and not the newsgroup ;)........

I still always think of the ng when I see or use that acronym. Didn't know
you posted there.

JennP.

Actually I now post to two ngs abbreviated as AF ... aus.families is my new
"home" though :) ... I think you might be thinking of alt.fashion which I
don't post to (although I'm pleased to say that I've had a bit of a fashion
overhaul since losing a little bit of weight and getting a new hairstyle ;)
Amanda

A&G&K&H October 19th 05 05:52 AM

AF

"Cheryl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Since #2 I've been much more sensitive to progesterone and have nausea
every month about 3 days before my period starts. It's one reason I'm
not on hormonal birth control anymore, and it's also why I didn't
believe I was pregnant the last two times until after the +ve HPT - the
nausea just didn't go away. On the plus side though it means I know
when to buy tampons etc, and it also never gets worse than that mild
hungover-type nausea.

Thanks Cheryl ... I suspect the spew was the result of AF.... nobody else
got sick and there was no suspect food to cause it.

A&G&K&H October 19th 05 05:52 AM

AF

"eggs" wrote in message
I've never had an IUD, but it's not unusual for me to have cramping and
nausea they day before AF. I rarely puke, but it has happened before,
so I'd say it was within the range of normalacy.

Thanks mate - good to know its with the realms of "normal"