ParentingBanter.com

-   Child Support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Elle magazine article (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22903)

Werebat September 20th 04 10:07 PM

Elle magazine article

The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

The horror... the horror...

- Ron ^*^

Bob Whiteside September 21st 04 12:11 AM

"Werebat" wrote in message
The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

The horror... the horror...

Won't work! Most men know to tell the woman to either get an abortion or
buzz off. That strategy forces the woman who proceeds with the pregnancy to
have the kid out of wedlock and have a court establish paternity. What
started as a way to "trick a man into marriage" backfires and causes the
woman to live her life as a single mother without the man. Instead of
wedded bliss, she ends up as just another single mother the next good man
will consider damaged goods. In fact this pattern repeats itself with many
unwed mothers and they end up with 4-5 kids by different men and no husband.
Elle magazine is living in the past!

Gini September 21st 04 02:08 AM

In article _DH3d.329608$Oi.248415@fed1read04, Werebat says...

The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

====
So, how long have you been reading Elle?
====

The horror... the horror...

- Ron ^*^

teachrmama September 21st 04 02:34 AM

"Gini" wrote in message
In article _DH3d.329608$Oi.248415@fed1read04, Werebat says...

The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

====
So, how long have you been reading Elle?
====

chuckle Very good question, Gini.

Moon Shyne September 21st 04 02:54 AM

"Werebat" wrote in message
The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

The horror... the horror...

Men don't know how to say "I don't"?

- Ron ^*^

teachrmama September 21st 04 03:53 AM

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Werebat" wrote in message
The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

The horror... the horror...

Men don't know how to say "I don't"?

Obviously Elle magazine thinks they can't.

The DaveŠ September 21st 04 04:09 AM

Gini wrote:
The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to
tricking a man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite
line: "My therapist told me it's the only way a woman can get
married nowadays."

====
So, how long have you been reading Elle?

He only reads it for the articles.

--
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 's' in the word lisp?

Nadacomin September 21st 04 06:34 AM

Subject: Elle magazine article

From: Werebat

Werebat writes:

The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

The horror... the horror...

- Ron ^*^

I would be willing to bet that the ones they are after have money.$$$$$$

And, these guys who have this pulled on them would be better off cutting thier
losses and just paying the child support.
Because marrying them is only going to delay a child support payment by ten
years or less, and, then end up paying alimony and losing half thier assets on
top of it.
Some of the trashier women will get pregnant just for the child support, since
welfare doesn't pay much for kids any more.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
"Don't mistake kindness for weakness"

Please visit CORRECTIONS BULLETIN BOARD:
http://nadacomin.0catch.com/

Moon Shyne September 21st 04 11:29 AM

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Werebat" wrote in message
The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

The horror... the horror...

Men don't know how to say "I don't"?

Obviously Elle magazine thinks they can't.

Read the article - I did, and Werebat presents a somewhat skewed report of it.

Moon Shyne September 21st 04 11:36 AM

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Werebat" wrote in message
The latest issue of Elle magazine has an article dedicated to tricking a
man into marriage by getting pregnant. My favorite line: "My therapist
told me it's the only way a woman can get married nowadays."

The horror... the horror...

Men don't know how to say "I don't"?

Obviously Elle magazine thinks they can't.

Read the article - I did, and Werebat presents a somewhat skewed report of it.

Here's a link to the full article - you'll see that it isn't quite what Werebat
reported.

http://www.elle.com/article.asp?arti...=1&magind=3809