ParentingBanter.com

-   Breastfeeding (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ack! too cute! (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=35142)

Melania October 19th 05 08:19 PM

ack! too cute!

So, while nursing, ds#2 popped off, looked up at me, and said "Ai!" So
I said, "hi!" He smiled and latched back on. A second later he popped
off and said, "Moo!" so I said moo back. He laughed and said moo again,
so I said moo again, and he giggled and latched back on. Then he popped
off and said "awooooo", which I repeated, eliciting another big smile
and another relatch. Finally, he popped off and looked at me
expectantly. Feeling I should say something, I said, "Yeah!" He looked
at me as if to say, "okaaaaay, you're nuts, lady!" And returned to
nursing. And that was the end of the conversation. Guess I broke the
rules!

He also now strokes his own hair while nursing. It's adorable!

Melania

Rebecca Jo October 19th 05 08:21 PM

ack! too cute!

"Melania" wrote:

So, while nursing, ds#2 popped off, looked up at me, and said "Ai!" So
I said, "hi!" He smiled and latched back on. A second later he popped
off and said, "Moo!" so I said moo back. He laughed and said moo again,
so I said moo again, and he giggled and latched back on. Then he popped
off and said "awooooo", which I repeated, eliciting another big smile
and another relatch. Finally, he popped off and looked at me
expectantly. Feeling I should say something, I said, "Yeah!" He looked
at me as if to say, "okaaaaay, you're nuts, lady!" And returned to
nursing. And that was the end of the conversation. Guess I broke the
rules!

He also now strokes his own hair while nursing. It's adorable!

Melania

Aww, that is really cute. :-D

Rj

Cuddlefish October 19th 05 10:00 PM

ack! too cute!

Melania wrote:
So, while nursing, ds#2 popped off, looked up at me, and said "Ai!" So
I said, "hi!" He smiled and latched back on. A second later he popped
off and said, "Moo!" so I said moo back. He laughed and said moo again,
so I said moo again, and he giggled and latched back on. Then he popped
off and said "awooooo", which I repeated, eliciting another big smile
and another relatch. Finally, he popped off and looked at me
expectantly. Feeling I should say something, I said, "Yeah!" He looked
at me as if to say, "okaaaaay, you're nuts, lady!" And returned to
nursing. And that was the end of the conversation. Guess I broke the
rules!

He also now strokes his own hair while nursing. It's adorable!

Melania

Yep, DS#2 is really cute, Melania! I can just imagine. :-) I love his
big smiles!

[oh and DS#1 ain't too shabby either ;-)]

Jacqueline

Patagonia October 20th 05 03:20 AM

ack! too cute!

"Melania" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, while nursing, ds#2 popped off, looked up at me, and said "Ai!" So
I said, "hi!" He smiled and latched back on. A second later he popped
off and said, "Moo!" so I said moo back. He laughed and said moo again,
so I said moo again, and he giggled and latched back on. Then he popped
off and said "awooooo", which I repeated, eliciting another big smile
and another relatch. Finally, he popped off and looked at me
expectantly. Feeling I should say something, I said, "Yeah!" He looked
at me as if to say, "okaaaaay, you're nuts, lady!" And returned to
nursing. And that was the end of the conversation. Guess I broke the
rules!

He also now strokes his own hair while nursing. It's adorable!

Melania

That is too cute! DD is not really saying much of anything yet, but if I
give her a big smile, she will smile at me around my nipple, with milk
dripping out of her mouth - it is really sweet! I can just picture that
conversation you had with your ds - they are really adorable when they are
so little, aren't they?!

JennP October 20th 05 04:29 AM

ack! too cute!

He also now strokes his own hair while nursing. It's adorable!

Melania

That's very cute. Jessica pulls her hair when she's nursing while very
tired. I mean YANKS it. She must have very strong hair because I haven't
noticed her actually pulling it out.

JennP.

Jo October 20th 05 10:38 AM

ack! too cute!

JennP wrote:
He also now strokes his own hair while nursing. It's adorable!

Melania

That's very cute. Jessica pulls her hair when she's nursing while very
tired. I mean YANKS it. She must have very strong hair because I haven't
noticed her actually pulling it out.

JennP.

Your conversation sounds gorgeous!

My DS strokes his hair from the back to the front when he's tired and
feeding. I can't wait until he can actually talk, but if I talk while
he's feeding, he will pull off, look at me and smile a milky smile,
blink and say, "eooowwwww" in a cute lil chipmunk voice :)

Aren't the adorable!!?!?

Jo

Melania October 20th 05 04:13 PM

ack! too cute!

Patagonia wrote:
"Melania" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

They are! It's a really great age. OTOH, although older kids are way
more challenging and infuriating, the rewards with them are pretty
great, too (like, "my lub you, mommy!" out of the blue!!!).

:D

Melania

PattyMomVA October 20th 05 04:22 PM

ack! too cute!

"Melania" wrote and I snipped:
So, while nursing, ds#2 popped off, looked up at me, and said "Ai!" So
I said, "hi!" He smiled and latched back on. A second later he popped
off and said, "Moo!" so I said moo back. He laughed and said moo again,
so I said moo again, and he giggled and latched back on. Then he popped
off and said "awooooo", which I repeated, eliciting another big smile
and another relatch. Finally, he popped off and looked at me
expectantly. Feeling I should say something, I said, "Yeah!" He looked
at me as if to say, "okaaaaay, you're nuts, lady!" And returned to
nursing. And that was the end of the conversation. Guess I broke the
rules!

Aaawwww, I'm melting. So sweet. I'm feeling broody......... :-)

Enjoy!
-Patty, mom of 1+2

PattyMomVA October 20th 05 04:25 PM

ack! too cute!

"JennP" wrote and I snipped:

That's very cute. Jessica pulls her hair when she's nursing while very
tired. I mean YANKS it. She must have very strong hair because I haven't
noticed her actually pulling it out.

I knew a baby/toddler who would twist her fingers in her hair and ultimately
pull it out. Her mother shaved her head and gave her a doll with long hair
to fool with, to break her of the habit. It worked. But the doll looked
awful.

-Patty, mom of 1+2

[email protected] October 20th 05 09:19 PM

ack! too cute!

I had to read this twice to figure out what "my lub you" meant :)
that's sooo cute! My dd (14mo) gently rubs on my tummy when she nurses.
After she's done she'll waddle around the room babbling happily and
once in a while blowing raspberries. way too cute!!

I can just picture the conversation between you and the baby!