ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Arm and wrist phenomena (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=65170)

cbcubic8 September 26th 08 10:33 PM

Arm and wrist phenomena

I've observed that pregnant women tend to hold their arms in a position where
the forearms are raised, the wrists are bent, and the hands hang down - as if
the extensors are weak and the flexors strong. What causes this? Is it
something to be concerned about?

Thanks.

Jamie Clark September 27th 08 02:36 AM

Arm and wrist phenomena

Pregnant women also tend to rest their hands on the bellies. Neither are
physical issues. Girls in my high school used to dance with that arm
position -- it was very 1980's.

--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com