ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Black+white caterpillars are poisonous (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=67276)

zeez JosephineJoseph rules August 13th 11 07:32 AM

Black+white caterpillars are poisonous

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

Example: [Collected via e-mail, August 2011]

Little white and black caterpillars all over are POISONOUS. they are
apparently new to the area..... doctors say there has been numerous
kids having reactions to them. the rash spreads fast. the caterpillars
have long white hairs that embed in skin and send poison through out
the body. DO NOT TOUCH and DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS TOUCH!!! they look
cute and fuzzy and THEY ARE NOT! Please repost to everyone you know
with little kids!!

(more on web site)

--
## _________________________________________________
###### l l

news[_4_] August 16th 11 04:42 AM

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

Example: [Collected via e-mail, August 2011]

Little white and black caterpillars all over are POISONOUS. they are
apparently new to the area..... doctors say there has been numerous
kids having reactions to them. the rash spreads fast. the caterpillars
have long white hairs that embed in skin and send poison through out
the body. DO NOT TOUCH and DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS TOUCH!!! they look
cute and fuzzy and THEY ARE NOT! Please repost to everyone you know
with little kids!!

If your kid plays with caterpillars and they die, too bad. BTW, what
species are these "black and white" caterpillars?

deja.blues August 23rd 11 03:21 AM

Black+white caterpillars are poisonous

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

If you eat caterpillars you deserve to die.

enigma August 30th 11 01:56 AM

Black+white caterpillars are poisonous

"deja.blues" wrote in -
privat.org:

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

If you eat caterpillars you deserve to die.

tussock hairs might irritate some people, but that doesn't mean "OMG!!!
it's poisonous!!!" really, it's no big deal at all.
lee

deja.blues September 8th 11 03:48 AM

Black+white caterpillars are poisonous

On 8/29/2011 8:56 PM, enigma wrote:
wrote in -
privat.org:

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

If you eat caterpillars you deserve to die.

tussock hairs might irritate some people, but that doesn't mean "OMG!!!
it's poisonous!!!" really, it's no big deal at all.
lee

Hey, I'm on the side of the caterpillars!

thimday January 3rd 13 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deja.blues (Post 512413)
On 8/29/2011 8:56 PM, enigma wrote:
wrote in -
privat.org:

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

If you eat caterpillars you deserve to die.

tussock hairs might irritate some people, but that doesn't mean "OMG!!!
it's poisonous!!!" really, it's no big deal at all.
lee

Hey, I'm on the side of the caterpillars!

I also had this problem since last week. Thanks for this post! I got to at least get rid of the problem. I'm back to firefox.