Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ruth Baltopoulos
Forum: General January 8th 08, 06:43 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 157
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Bad mommy or cultural difference?

hedgehog42 wrote:

Our preschools (and elementary schools) will take them out in the
single-digits, provided it's not windy.

Around here (Boston, MA) the schools don't send them out if
it is...
Forum: General December 7th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Toddler sized duvet/down comforter in the US

cjra wrote:

Does such a thing exist in the US? I can only find comforters that are
sort of cotten quilts, not down duvets. When I see things called
'duvet' they're usually just what I'd call a...
Forum: General November 27th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 29
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How to start an in-home preschool

Chris wrote:

wrote:

1. Will I need a permit or permission from the city I live in to open
this type of business in my home? Usually.
2. What are some good ways to...
Forum: General November 7th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
ice skating

Beliavsky wrote:

My company's Christmas party for children of employees will be held at
an ice skating rink this year. My 4yo son has never skated, and
neither have I. When he sees other kids...
Forum: General September 18th 07, 01:34 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
15mth Adjusting to Daycare

Chookie wrote:

nitu wrote:

I am wondering how long
it might take for her to adjust to the daycare center. I know it will
be a lot of adjustment for her to learn...
Forum: General September 12th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 24
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
What does coloring teach?

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

One thing that bugs me is the need to bring home daily physical
evidence of having done stuff in preschool. In preschool there are a
million...
Forum: General September 11th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 142
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Cell phone for a second grader

Oh, and in addition, I meant to include a few links in
answer to the original question, which had nothing to do
with our thoughts on whether or not a 7 year old *needed* a
cell phone...
Forum: General September 11th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 142
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Cell phone for a second grader

Nikki wrote:

"Zipadee" wrote:

You're right. I still can't imagine a 7-year-old needing a cell phone.

I can't imagine a 7yo not losing a cell phone!

Few people of...
Forum: General September 7th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Male daycare workers

Dave {Reply Address in.Sig} wrote:

Ruth Baltopoulos wrote:

Fully agree. Just another silly gender bias.

Jeeze, pretty soon men will be able to vote :)

Our local radio station has run a...
Forum: General September 7th 07, 07:24 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Male daycare workers

Anne Rogers wrote:

huh, men can like kids and it be normal and healthy, our western
cultures tends not to view it that way, but in the Far East it's
considered entirely normal, my husband...
Forum: General March 21st 07, 02:18 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 57
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
choosing a car

Knit Chic wrote:

"Ruth Baltopoulos" wrote:

I just traded in my beloved Jeep Wrangler for a Scion xB. So far I am
adoring it, despite the frothing hatred some profess for its toaster like...
Forum: General March 20th 07, 11:36 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 57
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
choosing a car

Aula wrote:

"Anne Rogers" wrote:

We've had an unlucky nightmare with our car and are now trying to return
it under the Lemon Law. It's a shame, we like our car, we've had the same
Forum: General March 2nd 07, 04:52 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 38
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A making noise baby, a rude neighbor

user wrote:

Yes, exactly. We had one of those fussy, screaming like a
banshee babies. When it got unreasonable, I'd bundle him
up in the car and drive someplace. There was more than...
Forum: General March 2nd 07, 03:59 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 38
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A making noise baby, a rude neighbor

user wrote:

But you're ignoring the fact that some babies make far, far more than
"a little noise." Some can scream and wail loud enough to peel paint from
the walls - and for hours at a...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14