Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Donna Metler
Forum: General August 18th 06, 02:21 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 40
Posted By Donna Metler
Curious what others think - 16-year-old refuses chemo

"toypup" wrote in message

"Tori M" wrote in message
Forum: Breastfeeding August 12th 06, 03:51 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 23
Posted By Donna Metler
What about EBM on flights?

wrote in message

PattyMomVA wrote:
"dkhedmo" wrote and I snipped:

Forum: General August 12th 06, 03:48 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 142
Posted By Donna Metler
first day of kindergarten and homework!

"toypup" wrote in message

" wrote in message
Forum: Breastfeeding August 12th 06, 02:36 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 23
Posted By Donna Metler
What about EBM on flights?

wrote in message
Why do you assume that?

I am taking an hour's flight which doesn't need for me to pump on...
Forum: General August 11th 06, 11:11 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 14
Posted By Donna Metler
Daycare question for 2-year-old??

I'll add one more thing to the mix. My 20 month old daughter seems to really
enjoy her 2 morning a week PDO program (mostly, I suspect, because of the
indoor and outdoor toddler large motor play...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 11th 06, 05:17 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 23
Posted By Donna Metler
What about EBM on flights?

Well, I had a daughter who couldn't nurse, so yes, I had EBM and a breast
pump, on all my flights with her, and in fact, still brought the pump with
me on our most recent trip at 18 months. I never...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 136
Posted By Donna Metler
Prime example of why I hate other parents...

I don't know if the waiter had lost a bet or what, but one night we were at
Dixie Cafe (a definite family-style restaurant) and every single table in
one section had a child below the age of 3, many...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 01:09 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Donna Metler
Moving with a young toddler?

We're in the final stretches of our move to our new house, and in general
our 20 month old has held up well. She seems to get that we're packing
things and taking them to the new house (some of her...
Forum: General August 9th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 11
Posted By Donna Metler
thumb sucker & hair twirler

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: Breastfeeding August 7th 06, 06:13 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 31
Posted By Donna Metler
Setting one's self up for failure?

Well, I thought I was prepared for everything, and then I ended up with a
child who just plain couldn't nurse. The "try and see" focus is the only
reason I've been able to pump-because if I had felt,...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 7th 06, 06:00 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Donna Metler
ratio of breastmilk and formula

Check the tubes and the connections on the lactina! Even a small leak can
cause a lot of problems. I've had to repeatedly cut the ends of my tubing
and move the connector back because after awhile,...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 7th 06, 01:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Donna Metler
ratio of breastmilk and formula

I'd do all milk until you run out, and if you have to give formula, give it
only when there's no other option. I would try to pump at least twice within
a work day if possible. Depending on your job,...
Forum: General August 2nd 06, 02:05 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 37
Posted By Donna Metler
Pureed raw veg for 5-month old?

"enigma" wrote in message
toto wrote in
:

As...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 1st 06, 06:36 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 4
Posted By Donna Metler
Errin and breast feeding!

I went on Errin at my 6 week post-partum, and didn't see a change in my
supply-and since I was EPing, it would have been obvious had their been one.
The only thing so far which really has taken a...
Forum: General August 1st 06, 04:50 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 37
Posted By Donna Metler
Pureed raw veg for 5-month old?

"Jim" wrote in message
tmdl20 wrote:
Wow! I'm a teacher and I've personally met three students in the...
Forum: General July 28th 06, 04:27 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 14
Posted By Donna Metler
School policy on throwing up

"L." wrote in message

dragonlady wrote:

The problem is with the amount of time such a child might...
Forum: General July 27th 06, 11:57 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 43
Posted By Donna Metler
opinion on toddler

I wouldn't assume that everything was normal during a short visit. About a
month ago, we went to visit the great grandparents for a big family event.
DD was ok the first few days, but was getting...
Forum: General July 27th 06, 02:18 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Donna Metler
Letting toddler sleep in

"bizby40" wrote in message

"ChitaShines" wrote in message
Forum: Breastfeeding July 25th 06, 07:20 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Donna Metler
Improving quality of breastmilk?

And Allison Joy, 11/25/04 (35 weeks, PIH, Pre-term labor)
"PattyMomVA" wrote in message
"Carlye" wrote and I snipped:
Okay,...
Forum: General July 25th 06, 02:32 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 39
Posted By Donna Metler
Feeding recommendations for a 22 month old?

"L." wrote in message

dragonlady wrote:
Not necessarily -- kids differ, and it isn't uncommon for...
Forum: General July 25th 06, 12:41 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 39
Posted By Donna Metler
Feeding recommendations for a 22 month old?

"dragonlady" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: Pregnancy July 24th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 56
Posted By Donna Metler
Huggies Disposable Diapers (X-POSTED)

"carlye" wrote in message

Nan wrote:
We've had really good luck with the Parent's Choice and fit. My dd...
Forum: General July 24th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 55

"carlye" wrote in message

Nan wrote:
We've had really good luck with the Parent's Choice and fit. My dd...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 23rd 06, 12:49 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Donna Metler
How soon can you express breast milk?

If you have a preemie, you are told to start pumping ASAP, so I'd think, as
long as you're pumping after feeds, you can start pumping at any time, and
start building a freezer stash. I think you'd...
Forum: General July 21st 06, 02:25 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 23
Posted By Donna Metler
Pre-School Education Quandry

I don't have advice here, but I'm running into the same thing with my
daughter who is going to be 21 months at the start of this school year-but
her program will NOT let her move up to the 2 yr old...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33