Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tai[_2_]
Forum: General July 31st 09, 10:28 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By Tai[_2_]
8 year old boy cannot run up a 30 ft high hill

Ignoramus9483 wrote:
My son is 8 years old and surprised me recently. He could not run all
the way up to a 30 foot tall (in my estimation) hill.

I am 38, moderately overweight, and I have not...
Forum: General February 2nd 09, 08:58 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Really losing my patience...

Kat wrote:
With DS... He's 8 (as of yesterday) and for a while now, I've been
really losing my patience with him.

I think it's been at least 3-4 days since he has had a shower or
bath. NOT...
Forum: General January 28th 09, 07:38 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 23
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Pocket money

Welches wrote:
I thought I'd try and generate a debate or two as this group seems to
have gone fairly quiet barring the spam.
I'm going to raise a couple of senarios, that I've been in as a...
Forum: General October 1st 08, 09:10 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 39
Posted By Tai[_2_]
How to deal with 7 year old?

Kat wrote:
Last night, there was a HUGE explosion.
DS came home from school. He wanted to go play outside right away. I made
a deal with him that he can play for a bit, but when supper's
Forum: General July 24th 08, 03:32 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Laxatives

JennP. wrote:
On 23 Jul 2008 18:19:32 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article L5Phk.128774$gc5.62542@pd7urf2no, Dad says...

A while ago there was a thread about...
Forum: General July 24th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 19
Posted By Tai[_2_]
the requirement that the state *provide* an education

Stephanie wrote:
I am often flummoxed by how much time and energy is put into forcing
kids into school.

I believe providing good, free education for its children is a primary
responsibility of...
Forum: General July 24th 08, 03:06 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 24
Posted By Tai[_2_]
son is often tired

Stephanie wrote:
Penny Gaines wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
My son is very often tired. I am a firm believer in the importance
of sleep! I think the main problem is that his mind is always
Forum: General July 12th 08, 07:36 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 20
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Cultural differences..

NL wrote:
Man, I'm really struggling with that right now when I read the driving
thread..

I live in what could be called almost-inner suburbia about 12 km from the
centre of a large...
Forum: General June 27th 08, 08:17 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Is this alright??

xkatx wrote:
I have a friend that does a number of questionable things... in the
past and now.

Right now, it's potty training. Her DS is almost the same age as my
DD1 - he'll be 3 in...
Forum: General June 23rd 08, 03:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 22
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Cloth diaper question

Clisby wrote:
Rosalie B. wrote:
"xkatx" wrote:

For those that use cloth or have used cloth...
What is, in your opinion, the best type of material to use for cloth
Forum: General May 19th 08, 07:56 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Tai[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

Michelle J. Haines wrote:
Tai wrote:

Oh, I see, you haven't any interest in meeting them? Is that typical
of you all or do some like to form connections with the other
parents?

Wow,...
Forum: General May 18th 08, 11:19 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Tai[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

toypup wrote:
"Banty" wrote in message
You're really stuck on these invite-in-all-the-cubbies class
parties. The lists
have...
Forum: General May 18th 08, 11:15 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Tai[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

Banty wrote:
In article , Tai says...

Banty wrote:

I'm not arguing that having a list makes for *better* communication,
their absense...
Forum: General May 18th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Tai[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

Michelle J. Haines wrote:
toypup wrote:

I do think it facilitates community and communication overall. I
think its existence makes people feel like a community. It doesn't
shut any...
Forum: General May 18th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Tai[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

Banty wrote:
In article , enigma
says...

"toypup" wrote in
:

The...
Forum: General May 18th 08, 10:33 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Tai[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

Banty wrote:

I'm not arguing that having a list makes for *better* communication,
their absense doesn't get in the way of the truly personal
communication. It just facilitates the facile...
Forum: Pregnancy May 16th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 18
Posted By Tai[_2_]
So the FAQ Is On Our Side! ( Can anybody point me to any of these famous...

Dizzysmamma wrote:
I really don't understand why everyone is feeding this person's
self-importance. Just kf the idiot and forget he/it/they exist. /shrug

It's probably fun to have one of those...
Forum: General May 16th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers

Dizzysmamma wrote:
I really don't understand why everyone is feeding this person's
self-importance. Just kf the idiot and forget he/it/they exist. /shrug

It's probably fun to have one of those...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 16th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers

Dizzysmamma wrote:
I really don't understand why everyone is feeding this person's
self-importance. Just kf the idiot and forget he/it/they exist. /shrug

It's probably fun to have one of those...
Forum: General May 8th 08, 11:30 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 13
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Birthday parties

Nan wrote:
(sheepish grin)

Okay, the thread about pinatas got me thinking.

My 8 year old has yet to have a "real" birthday party. Her bday is
Feb. 14 so we've always just had the 4 of us...
Forum: General January 13th 08, 10:28 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 61
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Bottles past 1 year?

cjra wrote:
Akuvikate wrote:

What I've noticed with a lot of parents who are reluctant to get
their 12-18 month olds off the bottle is that since they drink so
much less from a cup, the...
Forum: General November 29th 07, 09:23 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Tai[_2_]
online gift cards

Penny Gaines wrote:
Tai wrote:
Penny Gaines wrote:
[snip]
Anne's Gran lives in Cyprus, though. Banks may be easier places to
buy currency there than at travel agents.

Yeah, I hadn't...
Forum: General November 29th 07, 09:10 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 21
Posted By Tai[_2_]
Am I being paranoid?

Akuvikate wrote:
On Nov 28, 11:10 am, Psalm Nuclei wrote:

Is a little tv here and there and a lick of a lollipop here or there
going to hurt our 6 month old?

I'm...
Forum: General November 29th 07, 08:55 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Tai[_2_]
How am I doing bathing my son?

Psalm Nuclei wrote:
DW and I bought a fisher price tub but i didn't care for it. We used
it once.

Ever since I've been in the tub with our son. For the first 3 or 4
months he was small...
Forum: General November 27th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Tai[_2_]
online gift cards

Penny Gaines wrote:
Tai wrote:
Penny Gaines wrote:
[snip]
Another option - although not as secure - is for Gran to get some
US dollars from eg a travel agent, and just put them through...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54