Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Catherine Woodgold
Forum: Breastfeeding November 6th 06, 03:51 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 4
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
am I doing something wrong?

I suppose she's probably teething. It hurts a bit. They
don't seem to notice it much while they're awake, but it
hurts enough to make it difficult for them to sleep.
Very hard on the parents!! IMO...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 6th 06, 03:46 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 4
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
On the right track?

You may want to make sure the positioning is really good.
Her mouth should be open as wide as possible and
the nipple should be as deep as possible into her mouth.
When nursing your second baby,...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 6th 06, 03:26 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 7
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
no period for almost 9 months, on birth control and breast feeding..

You can use natural family planning if you want to.
It tends to be highly effective while breastfeeding.
It involves monitoring your body for signs of fertility
and only making love on days when the...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 6th 06, 03:16 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
Re-intro and 11 month help needed

You might like the article on my website
"Mother-led Weaning/Tantrums"
http://www.ncf.ca/~an588/par_home.html (scroll down to bf section)

I suggest: don't bother trying to get him to eat, let
him...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 6th 06, 02:56 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
Baby spits up blood after breast feeding

There are nutrients that are good for the skin, such as
lecithin (in apples, for example, if I remember right)
and omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, and
vitamins C and E. It seems likely...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 5th 06, 12:37 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
Difficulty nursing at night

I wonder whether it's possible that there was too much
milk for her in your breasts. Being very tired, she may
have wanted just a tiny trickle of milk while falling asleep.
Or, you may be right that...
Forum: General October 28th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
How to break 4 year old from shyness?

toto ) writes:
This was based on seeing what kids who avoid being bullied actually
did.

That's fine; but it doesn't necessarily follow that the
same tactic would tend to...
Forum: General October 28th 06, 10:17 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
why all women?

"Brian" ) writes:
The club's members are seven women (why all women?)

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/families_households/003118.html

2003...
Forum: General October 28th 06, 09:47 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 14
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
toilet training issues

How about putting him in underwear every second day.
Forum: General October 24th 06, 02:21 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 94
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
toddler questions

"-L." ) writes:
toypup wrote:

I'd prefer my kids do none of the above.

Well, that kinda goes without sayin'....
-L.
Forum: General October 24th 06, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.puzzles,misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
Ambiguous clue (Dell)

"S." ) writes:
Use this link:

http://www.dellmagazines.com/customersvc/editorialcontact.shtml

Thanks, everyone, for your replies, and I apologize for
taking up your time,...
Forum: General October 23rd 06, 02:17 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 94
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
toddler questions

"sscreen" ) writes:
If someone is dressed nicely,
clean, smells nice, wears nice clean clothes, then "gross" and "filthy"
do not even cross my mind, even if I see them...
Forum: General October 23rd 06, 02:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
How to break 4 year old from shyness?

"bizby40" ) writes:
"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in message
bizby40 wrote:
"sscreen"...
Forum: General October 23rd 06, 02:00 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 94
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
toddler questions

"toypup" ) writes:
"sscreen" wrote in message
I had a similar experience with a...
Forum: General October 23rd 06, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.puzzles,misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
Ambiguous clue (Dell)

(Cross-posted to rec.puzzles and misc.kids.)

I have the November 2006 issue of Dell's Math Puzzles and Logic
Problems. I've been attempting to solve Logic Problem 18,
"Baby-Sitting Catastrophe" by...
Forum: General October 20th 06, 02:08 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 94
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
toddler questions

"Monique" ) writes:
I think a lot of good points have been made to the fact that young kids
do not understand the difference between "smoking is gross" and "that
person is...
Forum: General October 20th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
How to break 4 year old from shyness?

bizby40 wrote:
"sscreen" wrote in message
shyness involves actually
being scared of or intimidated by others. And so shyness *is*
necessarily a bad thing --...
Forum: General October 19th 06, 02:38 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 138
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

BarbL (aBarbL@comcastdotnet) writes:
It seems to me that the anti-military people in this
newgroup somehow think that the only thing the military does
is kill or be killed.

Straw man...
Forum: General October 19th 06, 02:37 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 138
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

Nan ) writes:
On 18 Oct 2006 01:06:35 GMT, (Catherine
Woodgold) wrote:

I think it's pretty obvious that if someone is actually
killed, it...
Forum: General October 19th 06, 02:25 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
How to break 4 year old from shyness?

"toypup" ) writes:
If the guest is
a classmate of shy child, I see a problem, because she wants to play with
shy child, not play by herself or with child's mom.

Unless...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 01:26 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
How to break 4 year old from shyness?

"bizby40" ) writes:
It's not about pushing kids into scary situations. It's about trying
to create safe situations that allow them to grow.

Actually, for overcoming a...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 01:21 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113

"toypup" ) writes:
"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in message
In any case, just because a child is invited...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 02:06 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 138
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

BarbL ) writes:
Catherine Woodgold wrote:
"Jeff" ) writes:
For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 01:15 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113

"toypup" ) writes:
"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in message
Oh, I thought you said, "I did not suggest telling...
Forum: General October 17th 06, 05:50 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By Catherine Woodgold
How to break 4 year old from shyness?

Sarah Vaughan ) writes:
That makes it clearer, but am I the only one who wouldn't have figured
that out from reading the post as written? When someone suggests that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100