Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ruth Baltopoulos
Forum: General January 12th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 66
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
4 Year Old Cries Before Pre-School

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

Jeanne wrote:

I'm just wondering here. Why is preschool viewed as *necessary* but
homeschooling is a viable option? If you keep your child at home but
provide...
Forum: General January 10th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 35
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Am I crazy to think this is wrong?

writer-by-day wrote:

Would you give a 9 year old a laptop computer? Well, I wouldn't, but
my son's school thinks it's perfectly sane to hand out Apple ibooks to
fourth graders and expect them...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 10:41 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

I think some people have outdated notions of what's
"easy" for kids. While there are obviously some spoiled and
lazy teens out there, in general teens are not...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 08:23 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

wrote:

Ruth Baltopoulos wrote:

I think that most parents are offering what seems to be the
norm in their area, without thinking a whole lot deeper than
that, and I...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 08:12 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

bizby40 wrote:

You guys have me so frustrated that I'm about to start mooing at
everyone! You have all just gotten through telling me that we can't
expect anyone to come watch our kids...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 03:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

wrote:

enigma wrote:

a 'real job' tends to have more regular & reliable hours.
granted a good sitter might be booked every night, but it's
not likely. given a choice...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 03:22 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

Cathy Kearns wrote:

I think this depends entirely on the area. As I mentioned before my 12 year
old has been working at her barn for over a year now, and gets $6 an hour,
with no taxes taken...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A Movie at What Cost :) (was How much to pay...)

Banty wrote:

It's not that I question that premise.

Why *don't* they sell more candy-snack product at a lower price?? Pervasive
stupidity? They haven't thought of it?

Well, since they are...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 09:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A Movie at What Cost :) (was How much to pay...)

Banty wrote:

I'm always very very suspicious of those "but if they lowered the prices they'd
get more customers and it would be better for everybody" arguments in this
subthread *and* the main...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A Movie at What Cost :) (was How much to pay...)

bizby40 wrote:

Like I said, it wasn't an authoritative source, so I have no idea if
what he said was true. An article in Slate says the split is more
like 50-50 for ticket prices, but then...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 09:11 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A Movie at What Cost :) (was How much to pay...)

Banty wrote:

Ruth Baltopoulos says...

I really don't care about smells in theaters. I think that
is an argument they use to legitimize their rule.

I most certainly do. And I don't...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 08:11 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A Movie at What Cost :) (was How much to pay...)

Banty wrote:

Ruth Baltopoulos says...

Hmmm, I don't think this is really fair. There is only one
reason that the theaters restrict food, and that is so that
they can jack the crap out...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 07:45 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A Movie at What Cost :) (was How much to pay...)

bizby40 wrote:

I went googling last night after getting the shocker about how much
movies cost around the country. I found an interesting article that
talks about why tickets and...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 07:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A Movie at What Cost :) (was How much to pay...)

Jeff wrote:

"Nan" wrote:

Oh, I don't know. There's profit and then there's PROFIT. When my ds
was younger I'd take him and a friend to the movies a lot. Our first
Forum: General December 18th 06, 06:20 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
A Movie at What Cost :) (was How much to pay...)

Jeff wrote:

Usually when I take my mentee to the movies, he gets a candy or popcorn, a
small soda and I get a small or medium soda. (The large soda comes with free
refills - but unless they...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 02:18 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

Caledonia wrote:

The last time I went to see a movie (Boston) it was $10.00/ticket. I
know here in the hinterlands it's $9.50. No idea on popcorn and drink.

I live in the same area, and movies...
Forum: General December 17th 06, 01:36 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

Sue wrote:

I pay $5 an hour for three kids and have since they were little. However, I
round up and I usually make sure that I have food that they like and
munchies. It has ended up being a...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 01:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 26
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
How much allowance for teens?

Sue wrote:

I give all three of my girls (14, 11, and 10) $5 each week. However, they
all have paper routes that give them a nice chunk of money at the end of the
month. Also, the 14-year-old...
Forum: General December 12th 06, 07:23 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Texas Child Suspended After Hugging Aide

Banty wrote:

[...]
Now, I'm not saying the school didn't go overboard. The Amercian educational
establishment isn't exactly perferct, to say the least. But really, let's get
the rest of the...
Forum: General December 12th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Texas Child Suspended After Hugging Aide

Jeff wrote:

"Ruth Baltopoulos" wrote:

A child being warned about his method of hugging and showing affection?
Tell me, after reading the article, what details do you need, really?

What...
Forum: General December 12th 06, 05:16 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Texas Child Suspended After Hugging Aide

Jeff wrote:

"Ruth Baltopoulos" wrote:

When discussing a four year old who hugged someone, I really don't think
that any other details are all that pertinent..

Actually, they are. The...
Forum: General December 12th 06, 04:56 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Texas Child Suspended After Hugging Aide

Donna Metler wrote:

Well, I can think of one. In my former district, when efforts had been made
to contact a parent and the parent has not been willing to return phone
calls, come to a...
Forum: General December 12th 06, 04:06 PM Posted to misc.kids

toypup wrote:

"Ruth Baltopoulos" wrote:

When discussing a four year old who hugged someone, I really don't think
that any other details are all that pertinent..

Exactly. Even if he did...
Forum: General December 12th 06, 02:55 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Texas Child Suspended After Hugging Aide

Jeff wrote:

There are some major details missing, like what other things happened?

Who reported the incident? Was it the aide? A teacher? Another parent? Did
the kid complain?

What...
Forum: General November 30th 06, 04:40 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Ruth Baltopoulos
Early Childhood Education Degrees (was Be aware of in home...)

Rosalie B. wrote:

snippet

I do not understand your response. Are you saying that people who are
not well suited to be day care providers temperamentally, but who have
the paper...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46