Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: KR
Forum: General December 8th 06, 05:41 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By KR
Hot wheels or similar for 2 yr old

The toilet tube test?? So if it fits through, it's too small?

Just wondering since I'm in the process of removing small items from my
3 year olds playroom. My 7 month old is showing signs of...
Forum: General December 8th 06, 03:41 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By KR
Hot wheels or similar for 2 yr old

Little People have a train set, I'm not sure if they have a car set but
it's worth checking into.

KR

wrote:
Hi all,

The recommended age for Hot Wheels is 3+. However, our...
Forum: General December 8th 06, 03:39 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 27
Posted By KR
play date -- did I do the right thing?

I wouldn't mind if somebody corrected my child, in our play group it's
often hard to keep your eye on your toddler at all times since most of
have younger children as well. It's not like you used...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 02:21 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By KR
Crying fits

I twould have to agree with others when they say it sounds like a
tantrum. At that age they are trying to learn how to control all their
emotions and feelings. Crying is one way and you guys are...
Forum: General December 1st 06, 06:36 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By KR
Normal 2-year-old? Or Mommy messing up?

Sometimes if my daugther absolutely refuses to put something away that
is very in the way then I pretend to trip over it and hurt myself. It
does work. I don't do this for the little things, but if...
Forum: General November 30th 06, 06:20 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By KR
Normal 2-year-old? Or Mommy messing up?

My daughter didn't do this at 2, but at 3 she is certainly trying my
patience. She tends to listen to DH more, I assume because she sees
him less as he works all day while I stay home.

I tell her...
Forum: General November 20th 06, 04:52 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By KR
saving stuff

I use a food tray, one of the ones with about 6 sections in it and a
dip section in the middle, it comes with a cover that snaps on to the
bottom. I keep this stacked with different crafts supplies,...
Forum: General October 27th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 22
Posted By KR
reading story books to toddlers

I take my children (6 months and 3 years) to the library every 3 weeks
and we get 18 books (the maximum) every time. I let her pick out
whatever books she wants, however simple or complicated. They...
Forum: General October 24th 06, 12:31 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By KR
Alarm Clock for four year old

I would put her to bed earlier, but that's just me!

I make waking my 3 year old up a game, if I go in and she's asleep I
say, "what is that big bump in the bed?" I pretend to lie down and go
to...
Forum: Breastfeeding October 18th 06, 12:56 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 28
Posted By KR
Co sleeping, colder temps, drafty house

My DD (5 months now) never liked being swaddled and I used to cover her
up with a double layer flannel blanket. Now I just put fleece jammies
on her without blankets since she likes to pull the...
Forum: Breastfeeding October 16th 06, 06:35 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By KR
wet nurses

I would never nurse another baby, or let somebody nurse mine. But, if
the need was there (we don't have the need or resources here) I would
donate pumped milk to somebody. I'm a milk factory, I'm...
Forum: General October 16th 06, 06:31 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 94
Posted By KR
toddler questions

Why try to sound non-judgemental? It's a dirty habit, when we walk
past smokers I intentionally guide my daughter further away from them
telling her I don't want her breathing in yucky smoke. We...
Forum: General October 14th 06, 08:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By KR
3yo toothbrushing questions

I've been using fluoride toothpaste since my daughter was about 1.5, my
dentist recommended it and said that the amount of fluoride ingested
would not be harmful. She spits sometimes but often...
Forum: General October 9th 06, 12:58 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 42
Posted By KR
Need help with behavior

It is really hard to find that balance, I have a hard time finding a
balance with only 2 kids, 1 husband, 1 dog...

I try to devote the mornings to activities, I take the kids to
playgroups,...
Forum: Breastfeeding October 6th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By KR
tooth decay-1yr old

When my daughter was about 18 months she was on antibiotics and I
noticed that her teeth were brown by the gums. I got really upset and
thought I wasn't brushing enough, but they did go away! I...
Forum: Breastfeeding October 2nd 06, 04:38 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By KR
Baby sleeps while nursing! HELP!

Both my girls were like this, I just tried to keep both of them on the
breast as long as possible. This sleepy phase will pass before you
know it! My 2.5 year old didn't seem to mind much that I...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 30th 06, 05:49 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 16
Posted By KR
NIP in church? Appropriate?

Jesus also ate breakfast every day, but I wouldn't sit in church and
eat my bagel and coffee... I'm not against nursing in church, but the
reason I wouldn't do it is because then I couldn't stand up...
Forum: General September 28th 06, 12:26 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By KR
toddler lost interest in chores

Find other things for her to do, as others have said. Perhaps she
would be a better helper at putting the salad dressing on the table, or
counting out forks for everybody, or sweeping the floor...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 27th 06, 09:47 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By KR
when to switch to forward facing carseat?

Ideally you should keep her rear facing as long as you can, since it is
safer. People do this more so in Europe then in North America, from
what I have heard. It really doesn't matter if her legs...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 20th 06, 02:21 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 137
Posted By KR
Need Advice: Breastfeeding with 3 older (13+) stepson's

Then, of course, I've got to really get my husband on the "same
page" with me so that he can enforce the normalcy that is
breastfeeding and not contribute to the phobia.

That's what I agree...
Forum: Pregnancy September 20th 06, 02:21 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 137
Posted By KR
Need Advice: Breastfeeding with 3 older (13+) stepson's

Then, of course, I've got to really get my husband on the "same
page" with me so that he can enforce the normalcy that is
breastfeeding and not contribute to the phobia.

That's what I agree...
Forum: General September 20th 06, 02:21 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 138
Posted By KR
Need Advice: Breastfeeding with 3 older (13+) stepson's

Then, of course, I've got to really get my husband on the "same
page" with me so that he can enforce the normalcy that is
breastfeeding and not contribute to the phobia.

That's what I agree...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 18th 06, 11:58 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 18
Posted By KR
Dental work & bresatfeeding

I have to get a cavity replaced next week, I am exclusively
breastfeeding my 4 month old. Is it okay or should I wait??

KR
Forum: Breastfeeding September 14th 06, 02:12 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 7
Posted By KR
Cholesterol meds compatible w/bf'ing

When my husband had cholesterol issues he was given 6 months before
re-testing. He never did need meds, just started eating better (whole
grains, oatmeal, few sat & trans fats, lots of fruits &...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 14th 06, 02:08 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 0
Posted By KR
Yahoo group for women....

Anyone interested in joining a member only group for nutrition,
exercise, fitness and general health is welcome to join.

I created a Yahoo Group. The member ship will be open so invite
whoever you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43